Mouse, select and move tools stick and behave erratic

Hi I would be very grateful for some help.

Ever since I upgraded my OS to Windows 10, I have noticed some strange behavior i Sketchup. both 14 and 15 versions. every now and again when I use either select, move, especially move+ctrl (duplicate and move) the mouse behaves erratically and sticks somehow.
With the select tool the mouse act as if I let go of the right button as I move to select polygons/items.
Does anyone know what might be the issue?

Any advice will be most helpful, thank you!

Hello @joachimsverd

Two things to try…

1. The mouse may be failing. Replace the mouse and see if the problems still occur.

2. Spotty picking performance and other odd tool behavior is a symptom of OpenGL deficiencies in your graphics hardware and/or its driver.
    Updating the graphics card driver usually solves the problem.

Go to your graphics card manufacturer’s product support site and confirm you have the latest driver.
See this Help article:
How can I update my computer’s graphics driver? — SketchUp Help

Those versions are not supported under Windows 10. Upgrade to v2016 or higher.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your answer! Oh man… I have 2015pro, and that means I have to buy a new license, ■■■■…

Or downgrade your operating system.

If you’re going to upgrade to SU2016 Pro, use this page to check on upgrade cost.

Thank you very much for your answer! I have also noticed something else. A bout a week ago I had to open an SKB backup file, and in the process I seem to have ticked a box that now lets me open all SKB files in Sketchup. This is all fine, but since then all SKB files now also have the same red and white Sketchup icon. Is there any way to reverse this, it’s making a real mess with my files and I frequently have to doublecheck if I’m working on an SKB or SKP file. ■■■■ annoying really… Is this maybe something that can be attributed to a Windows 10 migration as well?

Thank you for your advice and time.