Models don't upload to 3D Warehouse

I tried to upload several models to 3D Warehouse. To my surprise, the process took for ever and never finished. The upload screen shows, but the bar doesn’t move anywhere. What’s wrong with 3D Warehouse?

What version of SketchUp are you using? Please complete your profile.

I tried to upload several models made with SU 2014 Make, SU 2016 and 2017. The point is not in the version, but in upload not functioning.

Actually it is to an extent. The 3D Warehouse no longer supports SU2014 or SU2016.

Please complete your profile.

1 Like

So, you’re saying it’s pointless to try upload models made with versions prior to 2017?

Irrelevant to my question. Like I said, tried to upload several models made with different versions of SU.

Yes. The Warehouse doesn’t support those earlier version.

No it’s not irrelevant.

I think that the lack of support of 2016 and earlier means that if you want to upload or download models using the 3D Warehouse window inside of SketchUp, it won’t work in Windows because of the site using features that IE doesn’t support.

But, uploading a 2014 file in a web browser does seem to work. That model can then be dowloaded to 2017 or later, and also to 2014. That is the general case, that models can be converted to 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and Collada, but they are also downloadable in their original version.

So, if you have models you want to share, do it via a web browser and not from inside SketchUp. If you want to download a more recent model that doesn’t have a 2014 version to download, it can be downloaded as Collada, and that will import into 2014 ok.

This is the only right answer I wanted to learn.

And this is not.

I’m not here to argue with you. Since I tried to upload several models made with DIFFERENT versions of the software, knowing what version I’m using is not that important.

I’m not here to argue with you either so I’m finished with this now.

Hi colin. Uploading models in a web browser is exactly what I tried to do. And it didn’t work. The upload window in my browser just stays with the grey bar. Nothing changes and 0 models in my profile.

You could try other browsers. It worked fine for me in Safari and Chrome.