Downloading from Warehouse

Lately, when I’ve tried to get models from the Warehouse, I get the following message:

This file cannot be imported because it was created in a newer version of SketchUp. To import this file you’ll need to upgrade to the newest version of SketchUp.

I am using a licenced SketchUp Pro 15. However, several of the models I have wanted to download were last modified in 2014. Please explain how this could be because it is seriously looking like Trimble is doing something they ought not to be doing.

The 3D Warehouse supports only the latest three versions so 2019, 2018, and 2017. You could access the Warehouse through your browser and download the Collada file and import it into SketchUp 2015.

Sorry, but support has nothing to do with it. I can still retrieve models/objects that were designed in SketchUp 2006. Thank you, DaveR, for the work-around, though.

Let’s try to explain my issue again. I am using SketchUp Pro 2015. An object I want to insert in my own model was last modified in 2014, but I get the message from Trimble stating that this particular object was created in a newer version, so I need to upgrade if I want to use it. This has been happening with several objects.

1 Like

What is the object you want to insert into your model?