3D Warehouse Downloads for 2016 models

Hi,I am new to the fourms and I like to download items from the 3D warehouse and the seen that for all of the newer model you can only download 2017 and up.I use a software that will only allow 2016 or down.Could you please bring the the 2016 model downloads thats the only one I need.Thank you

1 Like

Please don’t flood the forum with multiple post on the same topic. It creates confusion and is against forum guidelines.

Can you give an example of a SketchUp model in the Warehouse that isn’t available in versions prior to SU2017? I’ve searched the Warehouse and haven’t found any models uploaded or modified in the last week that don’t have versions for SU2016, 2015, or 2014.

Sorry I made a mistake and forgot that there was a edit button.But Its any recently uploaded models that doesn’t have 2016.And it also has effected the models that I have uploaded as well.

Here’s a random example I pulled.

Your profile says you are using SketchUp 2017. Which one are you really using?

Basically I still looking but it looks like any model uploaded today.I use sketchup free but I like to download models to put in my architecture software and I create models to put in my architecture software but my software will only take 2016 models.

What is your architecture software?

Punch! Home & Landscape Design Professional v20 - Download - Windows**

You can save your SketchUp models back to V2016 directly from SketchUp.

So this is your business?

I have saved them and uploaded them to the 3D warehouse but it still pops down 2017 models and up. No I’m a high school student and I wanted to become a architect and I used to use sketchup but I moved to this software.But I hope its just me because I have alot of different models and things I want to explorer and use.

I see that the model you referenced is limited in the number of versions available.I’m not sure why that is unless it’s something related to models created in Sketchup Free. I can find lot of other models uploaded to the Warehouse in the same time period that are available in versions back to SU2014.

Since you seem to be using SU2017 you could download soething like that model, save it as a 2016 file and then import it into your Punch software.

For me its all recent models that have a limited versions available but could you contact someone at the team of 3D warehouse and let them know about the situation.Thanks :grin: and how would I save it as a 2016 file if the option isn’t there ?

I don’t have any better way to contact them than you do and you’ve already posted on this.

Just use File>Save as… and change the version to 2016.

can you screen record you doing it because I’m kinda confused

Doing what? Saving as a 2016 SketchUp file? That should require a video.

Go to the File menu in Sketchup. Click on Save as… Set the Save as type to SketchUp 2016.
Screenshot%20-%203_3_2019%20%2C%206_25_04%20PM

We traditionally support 3 versions of SketchUp, and that’s how the Renderbots are set now. We have done more at times for various reasons. And as Dave mentions, you can always convert them yourself. I just uploaded a 2016 though, so if someone has 2016, they can still upload today, which means that those models were not uploaded as a 2016 model.

1 Like

Is the save feature available on the sketchup studio for students

Studio is the version with the most features of all, so yes!

1 Like

Having a similar problem! Though many of 3D Warehouse’s models clearly have not been updated since 2016, I can’t even access many of those and am getting messages saying that I need to upgrade to a newer version (I use 2016 Pro license). This smacks of new code being written into access routines that is doing a great disservice to the SketchUp Community. Hope I am wrong and there is a fix. Is there?

1 Like

No, we generally only support 3 version of SketchUp. 2016 also uses older versions of native browsers, and unfortunately in the world we live in, it’s no longer acceptable or secure to run older sw that hasn’t been updated in sw we don’t control.

3 Likes

Put back the pro 2016 format, please… I use pro 2016.
I thought I was sharing my few models and this way I also could hold of them whenever I need them, no matter where I am at. Nope… !!!
BACK with at least 2016 download feature - PLEASE

1 Like