3D Warehouse 2016 sketchup model problem

Has anyone else had problems today downloading sketchup 2016 models? It is only 2016 models or earlier that are compatible with the design program I use but today I am only able to download 2018, 2019 or collada files. This means I am unable to use 3D warehouse models at all. Does anyone have any solutions please?

See:

Do you mean I can convert a 2017 sketchup object model to be a 2016 version so I can them import the compatible version into Archline? How do I go about that please?

I didn’t say anything about that. If you have SketchUp 2017 or later, you can open a 2017 file and back save it as a 2016 file.

I assume this something you are doing for your work since Archline is a professional application?

Sorry I misunderstood. Yes it is for a work application - we import objects ie furniture, from 3d warehouse into Archline but the package we have is only compatible with 2016 sketchup objects or earlier. As from today I am only able to download collada files, or 2017 or 2018 versions. I tried to download a chair that I used yesterday and it is now available in the version I require.

Well, you need to be using SketchUp Pro then, anyway, and the currently available version of SketchUp Pro is SketchUp 2019 which would allow you to open any SketchUp model from the 3D Warehouse and back save it to the 2016 version to use in Archline. The free versions of SketchUp are not licensed for commercial work.

Ok, but rightly or wrongly, I don’t use the sketchup program at all, I simply import objects from 3d warehouse into Archline

Well, if there aren’t 2016 versions of the models you want, I guess you know what you need to do.

Thank you for your help, much appreciated

what does the Archline team say about updating their importer for later SU models?

john