Modelling area workspace in 2023 is only 25% of the total areA

Modelling area workspace in 2023 is only 25% of the total area of the modelling space. It appears as 1/4 bottom left and seems to be at a lower resolution than my screen.

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Thanks Dave

Shot is attached.

Issue: SketchUp 2023 working drawing utilizes only 25% of the working space.

Appreciate your help,

William

William Moore | SOLUTIONS ink

This message and any attachments is privileged and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify SOLUTIONS ink by return email and delete this message from your system. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of this message and its attachments is prohibited.

What is the display scaling set? Try updating the graphics drivers and rebooting the computer.

1 Like

well, not anymore :upside_down_face:

Joke aside, you apparently use a custom overlay on top of your Win10 made to look like a mac OS dock.
Could it interfere with SU ? most interface troubles these last few days on PC seems to be related to the change of… framework ? (not sure of the word, long day, it’s late)
could it cause conflict with your graphical interface ?

1 Like

Thanks Dave - it is 4500x3000 and working 25% are look as though is 800 x 8000 judging by the size of the cursor.

I have:

• Graphics driver up to date

• My firmware is up to date.

• I completely uninstalled 23

• I completely uninstalled 22 which worked perfectly

• I removed all remnants and hidden files

• I installed the 2023 offline installer as administrator

• Same issue: working drawing utilizes only 25% of the working space

William

I’ll try and let you know. So far I have:

• Graphics driver up to date

• My firmware is up to date.

• I completely uninstalled 23

• I completely uninstalled 22 which worked perfectly

• I removed all remnants and hidden files

• I installed the 2023 offline installer as administrator

• Same issue: working drawing utilizes only 25% of the working space

Thanks

William

What is the display scaling set to? SketchUp supports up to 150%.

Did you get that from Nvidia or from Windows?

Dave

Both from Windows and NVIDIA 4500 x 3000 native resolution

I have two monitors and the second is at 2560 x 1600 & when I move SketchUp over - same issue.

Wm

Both

Windows-supplied Nvidia drivers are worthless. You should go to the Nvidia website and download and install the drivers for your card type from there. Then, in the Nvidia control panel 3D application settings check that SketchUp is set to use your Nvidia card.

1 Like

I only use Nvidia supplied drivers - but thanks

ink.jpg

I was having the same issue and contacted SU support. I’m on Windows 10 and had my display setting at 125% scaling (older eyes). I reset the scaling in the windows display setting back to 100% and regained the full area of the workspace window.

I also updated my Nvidia driver, rebooted, etc. I’m using an Nvidia Quadro 2000 graphics card, which I’m guessing is now about five years old.

SU 2022 does not have the same issue; it seems to be a 2023 problem.

There is an issue with 2022 similar to this - from memory it was related to having multiple screens with different scales.

Are you just using a single display?

I have a single monitor on my desktop. I haven’t had a chance to look at the issue on my laptop, at least I don’t remember seeing it when I installed SU2023 on the laptop.

Thanks.

Thanks and you have nailed the bug for sure. Happy it worked for you. Mine is set at 200% (recommended) because of the resolution of my monitor - 4500 x 3000. Scaling it back to 100% on my system everything else is unworkable because it is too small. Everything is too small to read:
Desktop is unreadable
SketchUp menus and icons are unreadable is unreadable
Style Builder and Layout are unreadable
V-Ray is unreadable
Other design programs are unreadable (Photoshop, InDesign…)

I can get 2021 to work on my computer recommended 200% scaling but V-Ray is buggy with it. Support is more or less indifferent to my problem.

Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks

Dual screens. I shut on down in a test - same problem.

My monitor resolution is 2550 x 1440. At 100% scaling, I’m working to read everything else on my screen, which is almost uncomfortable. At 125% scaling, the screen and images are an easy read, but I lose SU workspace area. Trimble said they’re working on a fix and will update, but no timeline was given.

I have the same resolution at 125% with no issue on a 32" monitor. What is the size of your monitor?

27" diagonal.

Hello,I have exactly the same problem when at 125% . No problem at 100%, but I can’t read because it’s too small.