Modeling/Texturing Help with Web App

Hi, I am brand new to the program and trying to wrap my head around some entry level things.

1. Currently stuck on how to most easily separate geometry blocks so I can had separate colors. I have imported scans from Canvas.
  2. Is there a way to change colors on textures included in the program on the fly? More specially, I want to adjust the color of some of the Synthetic Surfaces.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Could you provide a screenshot of what you are creating to do, so we can better under?

1. If they are group or components, keep clicking on them until you are able to select one face.

2. once you have applied a texture to a face, you can right click, go down to the texture option, and then you can position textures with fixed pins or free (drag corners) (you may have to turn on hidden lines in the view menu at the top of the screen.

3. in the paint bucket tray, you can adjust colors a bit or open an image edit.

The basic sketch up tutorials on YouTube does have a few good ones related to textures.

Good luck

Thank you for the reply and thoughts much appreciated. I have watched some of the video tutorials but can’t seem to find the answers I need. I am sure they are out there on one of these but not sure which ones. In terms of number one. I know how to accomplish that but can’t seem to remove a wall that is connected or won’t seem to ungroup. I also understand how to use the paint tool to apply textures, my question is can you tweak a textures color after it is applied. Will try to attach an image as well. Thank you.

SketchUp Free does not offer any option for editing materials. You could hunt on the 3D warehouse for other wood grain textures to import into your model and use them. Or import an image to use as a texture. Edit the color if needed before you import it into the model.

As for the wall you want to remove, open the group for editing and erase that geometry. No need to explode (ungroup) the group to do that.

thank you, will give those a go.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.