Modeling a seashell

I would like to model this seashell for a niche, and I’d really appreciate suggestions as to which extension I should try.

2 Likes

When you flatten the bottom edge of the corrugated surface, the result will be better.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your suggestion. Hope to have time to play with it soon!

1 Like

Alas, I first got an email where you named the extension, and I can’t find that anymore. And I can’t tell from this post what that extension was!
Thanks

1 Like

Flowify.
Yes, the post has been deleted because it’s not a sage who replied :wink:

FLOWIFY! It came back to me…

1 Like

Not sure if this will help. Modeled with native tools.
Flute for Shell Alcove.skp (105.7 KB)

Thank you for that! I look forward to learning Flowify, but this will save time for a quick concept.

1 Like

Any chance you could share your model with me?
Thanks!

1 Like

Oh! You just did in your PM! My thanks to Poland!

1 Like

That is beautiful. How did you do it?

1 Like

Howdy! Thanks for asking. It took a while to figure out. I used all native SketchUp tools. Currently running SketchUp 2019 Pro with plans to upgrade to 2022.
Drew a donut shape, a Torus, and took a wedge shaped section out of the side which created the pie shaped flute for the shell. Then made it a Component. Using the Move tool raised the flute on its point. Rotated the flute with the rotate tool to make the shell. Lots of fun figuring it out. If you need more info. I will be glad to help. All the best, Steve (Roughdraught) (Transom)

Thanks. I don’t think I would have thought of that, but I think I could do it based on your explanation.