Model is not appearing on screen

I’m new on Sketchup. My sketch up model is not appearing on the screen after I added a component from the 3D warehouse. I tried most of the methods I found online to solve it but I just couldn’t…!
03%20PM|690x481

How about sharing the SKP file so we can see what you’ve got?

What is the component you added? Do you see it?

How about sharing the SketchUp model? And what exactly is the component you got from the 3D Warehouse?

I couldn’t upload it as the file was to big. so here’s the link. I added an outdoor furniture from the 3d warehouse and then somehow my whole model disappeared.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tXRRqUneEgQpJ4AlPFj0pLkJxornvM8t

Does this look like what you are expecting?

I see a couple of issues. One is that you are not using layers correctly. Layer 0 should always be the active layer and all edges and faces should be created and left on Layer 0. Only components and groups should get other layer associations.

There is a ton of unused stuff in your model. Go to Window>Model Info>Statistics and click on Purge Unused.

I’m not sure what it is that is causing the problem but after purging out the unused stuff, I selected all of the components and groups in Outliner and copied them. Then I pasted them into a new file to show the above.

Yes it is! I tried the steps you mentioned. But after I pasted it into a new file it didn’t show anything but the gray screen…

Did you try Zoom Extents after pasting?

It copy pastes fine for me.

this is what I got after pasting. Some parts was missing

Did you fix the layer associations first?

A good example of why all raw geometry should be on layer0 and layer0 should always be the active layer.

1 Like

how can i fix the layer associations?

To get you moving, try this file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mgjfv58a04vud6u/Elaine.skp?dl=0

I moved all the geometry of the house back to Layer 0 where it belongs. There are still reversed faces and other problems that will make your project more complicated to work with but this should get you going.

FWIWm when you bring in components from the 3D Warehouse, make sure you are first opening them in a separate file so you can make sure they are alright before you add them to your main model. It’s a bit like cracking eggs into a separate bowl so you can check them before you add them to the flour and sugar for a cake.

Select the geometry and set it to Layer 0 in Entity Info. And set Layer 0 as the active layer and leave it there.