Model Centre does not align with screen centre

I have just upgraded to a new iMac (Retina 4k, 21.5-inch, Late 2015) and when I open the sketch-up window (Sketchup 2016 Pro) the centre of the model is either in the lower or upper right corners, which affects the control of zooming, scenes etc but more fundamentally any line I try and draw does not start where I click, but starts at some unknown distance to the right (off screen) - It feels like this should be a matter of a setting somewhere being incorrect, but for the life of me I cannot find anything. Below is an screen shot of ‘zoom extent’ centred to the bottom right corner, rather than the centre (no there is no stray object in the upper left corner - on my old computer it centres fine - I went back and checked!)

Are you running SketchUp in full screen mode ?

Be aware that SketchUp has only partially been upgraded for high resolution displays. The toolbar icons and cursors were implemented as SVG on Windows, and PDF on Mac. There are still many GUI features to be re-implemented for very high res displays.

This issue has been discussed many times in the Technical Issues category (where I’m moving this thread.)

There is a workaround for the small inference dots on Retina displays.

See this search result: Search results for 'mac 4K' - SketchUp Community