Medeek Foundation

Version 1.4.9b - 09.19.2019

• Fixed a bug in the Layers tab of the Global Settings.

*** Critical Fix ***

This seemingly minor typo in the HTML prevents the user from saving their updated settings within the Layers tab of the global settings. I highly recommend upgrading to version 1.4.9b in order to resolve this issue.

Versions 1.4.2 thru 1.4.9 are affected by this bug.

First look at stemwall steps with brick ledge (and insulation):

Now I just need to enable the “Ledge Lap” parameter which will allow for an overlapping of the brick ledge for Top and Double steps, obviously this does not apply for the Bottom step type.

I got back in from Utah just about a month ago. In the last four weeks I’ve managed to make quite a dent in this plugin (15 major updates, version 1.3.5 thru 1.5.0). I’m pretty excited with the way this plugin is finally taking shape, there is always more to do, but it is beginning to feel like a much more useful extension now.

Version 1.5.0 - 09.19.2019

• Added a brick ledge option for stemwall steps.
  • Added a parameter which allows the lapping of brick ledges for the following stemwall step types: Top, Double.

Note that the “ledge lap” parameter does not apply to Bottom steps, the step shown in the middle of the image.

The lap distance can be set by the “Ledge Lap Distance” parameter independently of the ledge height.

View model here:

I would really like to see someone use the extension to model up a fairly complex project (for construction) and get a little more feedback on the weaknesses and strengths of the plugin as it currently stands.

I am curious how to handle a situation where the brick ledge terminates along a linear stretch of stemwall?

Here I have a 10" stemwall with brickledge meeting a 6" stemwall without. What is typically done in this situation?

You see this type of situation a lot where you have a stucco and brick veneer on the front of the house. A lot of times the brick veneer will wrap around the corner of the house and then abruptly end about 4’ or so along the side wall.

Does the footing remain the same even in the portions of the wall where a larger footing is no longer needed? Does the brick ledge abruptly end as I have shown it? Any actual construction photos would be really cool. Unfortunately, where I live not a lot of homes with brick veneer get built.

When you throw brick ledges into the mix the horizontal surface texture doesn’t really work well:

Maybe I just need to go with a more generic texture for these surfaces?

The model has a 12" CMU stemwall with a 4" brick ledge, yielding a single row of 8" block forming the final layer on the top of the wall.

View model here:

Version 1.5.1 - 09.20.2019

• Enabled CMU blocks for spread footing piers.

Under pier options you can select concrete or CMU block as the material type. This update is per user request.

The CMU textures seems to work best with a 16" width (square) pier. Currently rectangular piers are not an option but I may need to change that in the near future.

View model here:

If you ask me, I’d think about the formwork more than the wall itself. I brickshelf is created by forming up the thicker wall, and then putting something into the form that olds out the concrete for the shelf. If the shelf ends, the thicker wall continues, but without the shelf. That juncture would be a bear to try and form. Either way, I would thing the footing would be straight and unchanged.

1 Like

So your basically saying the same stemwall size would continue but without the brick ledge cut out of it?

This would seem the rational thing to do at first glance but then you quickly realize that the framed wall will now no longer be flush with the outside of the stemwall where the brick ledge is not present. Kind of hard to explain I need a model to help visualize what I’m getting at…

True, though I would usually not make it look like the brick was added to a wall. You usually step the frame wall in to allow the brick finish to match other siding finishes.

The other thought is, even if the brick end, you continue the shelf anyway and bury the shelf in the ground where you don’t see it. You might slope the shelf to shed water in that case.

1 Like

This model illustrates what happens if the brick ledge terminates mid-wall but the stemwall size remains the same:

Version 1.5.2 - 09.28.2019

• Fixed a critical performance bug that affects all the modules within the extension.

*** CRITICAL PERFORMANCE UPDATE ***

If you are noticing a slowdown of the plugin performance after multiple edits to a foundation assembly or footing, this fix will resolve that issue. This issue affects all previous versions of the plugin.

Talking with a customer today leads me to believe that a tool for a grade beam might be useful. My current workaround is to create two separate strip footings, one on top of the other as shown:

The problem with trying to use the strip footing tool to create grade beams is that it does not allow for top bar placement. Additionally, there is no FPSF option for strip footings. Let me know your thoughts on this, is this a feature you would like to see added to the plugin?

If I do add it, what other, grade beam specific, parameters might need to be added?

View model here:

Version 1.5.3 - 12.12.2019

• Updated Slab and SOG reinforcement, replacing components with groups to increase performance.
1 Like

Version 1.5.4 - 12.19.2019

• Enabled an “orthogonal mode” for polygon slab and SOG draw menus.
  • Added the ability to delete points in the polygon slab and SOG draw menus.

Clicking the “Ctrl” key will enforce orthogonal mode while using the draw tool. Currently the orthogonal mode will restrict the user to 45 deg. increments.

While selecting the points for a foundation outline the user may accidentally select an incorrect point. By clicking the left arrow key the user can delete the previously selected point (or multiple points).

The orthogonal mode seems to work as expected in most cases however if one enters in a segment length manually (text input) the following segment inferencing seems to be problematic.

After further testing I’m not entirely satisfied with the draw tool(s) and “orthogonal mode”, some improvement is needed. This also applies to the draw tool for complex roofs, it has the same issue since it is based off of the same code.

I will be working on this for the rest of the day, or until I have resolved the issues fully and the performance is satisfactory.

Version 1.5.5 - 02.06.2020

• Enabled an “orthogonal mode” for the polyline stemwall draw menu.
  • Fixed a bug in the text input method of the draw menus for: polyline stemwalls, polygon slabs, polygon SOG, and strip footings.

Version 1.5.6 - 02.11.2020

• Added an option for column base hardware for all column footings.
  • Added the following Simpson column bases to the built-in library: CB66, CBSQ66

View model here:

I’ve only added two (low poly) column bases thus far, obviously there are many more (just open a Simpson’s catalog). If you have a specific part you would like to see added to the built-in library please let me know.

Similar to the electrical plugin, the user can simply drop their column/post base SketchUp components into the library sub-folder of the plugin to use them with the column footing tool.

The vertical offset parameter was specifically added for cast in place bolt groups so the depth of embedment can easily be adjusted as needed.

As seen in the screenshots the hardware is always centered on the footing with the rotation parameter allowing for any degree of rotation.

This update was per a customer request.

Version 1.5.6b - 02.16.2020

• Added the following Simpson column bases to the built-in library: CBSQ44, CBSQ46, CBSQ86, CBSQ88

This includes all of the Simpson CBSQ variants.

View model here:

This page lists all of the manufacturers hardware included in the Foundation plugin: