Medeek Foundation question

I
Garage 6.skp (2.1 MB)
have a foundation question. Foundation consists of a footing, then 3 courses of 12" CMUs, then 3 courses of 8" CMUs on top of the 12s creating a ledge for the slab to sit on. Not sure how or if I can do that with Medeek foundation. Ignore the framing in the attached .pdf, it’s been revised since then.

Tagging @medeek

I don’t really have a way to do that type of configuration. I’m sure one could use the plugin to get oneself about 75% there.

Thank you! I figured as much no biggie.

Did you see my question about the shear wall? Am I doing something wrong? I can draw some but not all of them.

Does the. PDF feature work yet? I hit the button but nothing happened

1 Like

Nothing new on the PDF front. I am still trying to see if I can get a third party PDF module working within Ruby and SketchUp, once I figure that part out the rest is cakewalk.

Send me an email on the shearwalls.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgLzck6XyKlUgZhdgPZrLjd6oBuiNA

I’m unable to draw the last shear wall on my garage. Any assistance is much appreciated, I really like the Medeek extension. I’ve never used SketchUp before so I am going at this as a total novice but the fact that I was able to get this far speaks volumes to Medeek’s usability.

I removed the Left and Right posts and the anchor because my plans call for 5/8 OSB Nailed in an aggressive pattern to strengthen the walls, but no anchors.

Thanks for your help!

I’m trying to have shear walls all the way around the garage. The link is a link to my SketchUp file

1 Like

When you try to create the shear wall do you get any error codes in the Ruby Console?

If you do post those so I can see what those are.

Here’s the error I got

Error:

#<ArgumentError: Duplicate points in array>

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:1911:in `add_face’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:1911:in `draw_2d_layout_sw’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:777:in `draw_sw’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:2631:in `block in draw_rect_wall’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:2628:in `each’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:2628:in `draw_rect_wall’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:1516:in `draw_selector’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:1023:in `main_menu’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:142:in `rect_wall_newopening_menu’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:581:in `main_menu_sw’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:4139:in `calculate_obj’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:3364:in `onLButtonDown’

1 Like

I then tried to draw another shear wall in a spot where I knew I had not tried to draw one before (Previously I was trying to draw at the ends of the walls so this time I tried to draw a shear wall in the middle of a wall

Error:

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:1911:in `add_face’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:1911:in `draw_2d_layout_sw’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:777:in `draw_sw’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:2631:in `block in draw_rect_wall’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:2628:in `each’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:2628:in `draw_rect_wall’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:1516:in `draw_selector’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:1023:in `main_menu’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_rectangular_wall.rbe:142:in `rect_wall_newopening_menu’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:581:in `main_menu_sw’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:4139:in `calculate_obj’

c:/users/jpaul/appdata/roaming/sketchup/sketchup 2023/sketchup/plugins/medeek_wall_ext/medeek_sw_wall.rbe:3364:in `onLButtonDown’

Error: