Match Photo issue

I’m kind of at a loss, here. At the point you’ve gotten to in your model, you still don’t have a face drawn on the end of the barn. You’ve had a few other faces but nothing that could be considered as part of the structure.

I’ve started a new match photo project for you from a different photo of a barn. Try working with it.

I set up the vanishing points and the origin, drew a box to get you started and as you can see in the screen shot, I’ve set the foreground image opacity to 15 so the faces of the box show better. They aren’t entirely white but that’s easily accomplished by moving the slider all the way to the left. Generally you don’t want to do that because it makes it difficult to see the details while modeling.
Barn.skp (148.1 KB)

Just a couple of quick things that DaveR might have missed:

• The “done” is probably easier accessed through the r-click option or if you click on the grey bit outside the photo it assumes you’re done.

• Note that you can zoom and pan with the middle mouse button just like you can in normal mode (if you try to orbit, it won’t work and just pan [in V16 - previous versions would act like “done” and orbit away from the scene])

• The “match photo” sliders on the styles dialogue seen in DaveR’s images above - if you slide the foreground to 100% transparent, then you get a monochrome model in-front of the photo: if you want to turn the photo off and see textures/colours in your model then you need to un-tic the box above the slider (this has tripped me up a few times).

Dang, Dave… Nailed it again!! Exact answer I was looking for!!! I don’t know how I forget/miss this little but oh so important detail :frowning:
Best, Matt