Manually entering dimensions

Tried Sketchup a few years ago and found no simple way to enter a dimension. With 2017 version still have the same problem. Making a plan for a piece of furniture I simply want to start with the bottom piece 17" x 64" x 3/4". Clicking the two endpoints of a line works and typing the length or width works occasionally, but not very often. Starting with a rectangle and using the ruler (with or without ctrl, alt or shift keys) asks if I want to resize the model. If I choose yes I end up with a square. Clicking no aborts the operation. Is there a way to do this basic task? Thanks.

If you want the bottom piece to be 17" x 64" x 3/4", why don’t you start by drawing a rectangle. Click to set the first corner, drag out the rectangle and type 17,64 then hit Enter. Or 64,17 if you want it oriented the other way. Get the Push/Pull tool next and pull the face up a bit. Let go of the mouse and type 3/4 and hit Enter. The bottom is created.

Perfect. Spent hours looking for something like that, but missed it.
Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed after 91 days. New replies are no longer allowed.