Make Component -different result that normal

Normally when I highlight the objects which I’d like to “make component” and do so, those objects in fact do become a component. But just now after installing the latest update, They do not become a component. A component IS created, but those objects I used to create the component are not grouped together in any way that I can tell. (EG: I do not have to “edit component” in order to edit those objects)

My question: Is this by design or is this an error on my part, or error on my installation?

Windows 10, desktop installation, Not the web interface. btw.

By default if the geometry you select for the component is nto all of the attached geometry, the tick box for Replace selection with component is NOT checked. You can check it and SketchUp will remember your choice. If this is happening, though, and you expect all of the attached geometry to be included in the component, the fact you aren’t getting a component in place of the selection should be a red flag and make you investigate what caused this.

Presumably you mean you updated to SketchUp 2022 from 2021 listed in your profile. Each version of sketchUp installs separately so even if you had ticked that box in the previous version you would need to do it in the new version, too.

Did you install SketchUp correctly? That requires right clicking on the downloaded installer and choosing Run as administrator.

DaveR, you’re 2 for 2 on my questions. It’s the checkmark you mentioned. Thanks a bunch man.