Live Modeling a Guitar (Fender Stratocaster)

Going to get started at noon (MDT) on Friday, August 2nd!
Join me on YouTube, Facebook, or Twitch!

3 Likes

Here are the images we are working from…

Fender-Stratocaster-62.pdf (1.6 MB)

Stratocaster-Guitar-Plan-01.pdf (386.6 KB)

Using 2 point ARC add R after the radius figure to get the radius to work…

2 Likes

OK, I’ll admit it - I’m crazy, but this was another model I couldn’t resist to print! I spent over two months tweaking my printer to make sure I would get a high quality print. I also ran several tests prints to see how the supports would work. One test print I ran was designed to be at the same full height as the Strat and it showed me that I had some terrible ringing at that height. Basically wobbling that caused layer shifts but I was able to solve that by adding some stabilizers on the Z axis screws. In the end, the print turned out fantastic! Very little ringing at the top but it’s nothing that a little sanding wouldn’t fix.

So the stats are: 120 hours, 37 minutes and 19 seconds. 6 layers top, bottom and perimeter for durability. And yet to come, a few hours of sanding and sanding and sanding. Then a few coats of polyurethane to give it that hard shell and shine! Eventually I’m going to finish it out with the electronics and neck, etc. I really want to see how this will sound being that it’s plastic! Thanks, again, to Aaron for a sensational model!

9 Likes

That is amazing!!