Live Modeling My New Scale Figure

Join us at Noon (MDT) today and we will model my new Scale Figure!

Join me on YouTube , Facebook , or Twitch !

2 Likes

Aaron.skp (133.4 KB)

4 Likes

6 Likes

Ready for the weekend.

Save the ribs!

8 Likes

Model courtesy DaveR…

5 Likes

I love it!

Hated missing the Live Scale Figure build live. Watched it a day later. It was a good one. LOVED the choice of shirts Aaron! Any chance you could save it as a version 17 model? My woodworking models start out with my scale figure…

5 Likes

You can get the New Aaron figure for SU2017 from the 3D Warehouse.

2 Likes

thx Dave!

1 Like

From what I’ve learned you might have a feet-shadow-problem :wink:

1 Like

(Another quick play) Taking an image of the figure and using FotoSketcher to add a cartoon effect…

2 Likes

I missed a part:

4 Likes

Been drawing my father as he is more good-looking guy than I am :smile:

4 Likes

finally got round to trying a scale figure, thought id go for a pic of my Son & our Dog. had a lot of fun doing it

8 Likes

A few years back, I decided to concentrate a little more on the things that gave me joy in my line of work and being contractor/woodworker/tiler/concrete/designer/furniture/renovator/etc. always used SketchUp to communicate to my clients. Was pretty convinced there weren’t any secrets for me, SketchUp wise, until I met the Distributor of my region on a building trade show, and asked me if I could help him out with a course he was due to give. At the end he said btw we also have a job offer.
At first I was making a curriculum, getting references from prior clients etc. Until I figuered, what the heck, I’ll just send them a Model!

This Scale figure is one of the components I used:

5 Likes

I’ve managed to create a scale figure but when I apply the colours to the model, the colours appear drab and not like the colour I selected. This is particularly bad on the skin tone. If I select a light pink/peach colour it appears in the model as white or grey. Any ideas?

Might have to do with the way you have shading and shadows set. Can you share the SKP file so we can see?

Thanks Dave. Not sure how to do that.

You can just drag and drop the saved SketchUp model file into your post or use the Upload button (with the upward-pointing arrow).

Adam.skp (100.4 KB)

Hope I’ve done this right.