Lines missing in hidden line style

DxDiag.txt (102.6 KB)

these are all the specs - you have to scroll down for graphic info (i really dont understand it! :stuck_out_tongue: )

Do i have more than one graphics card? you asked WHICH card is being used? sorry for being so untechnical

I agree.

@lools
• Hidden lines are simply that, hidden.
Soft/smooth edges render profiles; Hidden edges do not.

• OpenGL rendering is sensitive to camera/entity proximity.
The mix of hidden and soft/smooth edges within the model surfaces makes seeing profiles problematic.

I found changing the state of the hidden edges to soft/smooth helped the model render profiles as expected.
This old plugin will change them all in one go.
unhide_all.rbz (465 Bytes)

2 Likes

Your profile says you have two.

1 Like

Yes, i found the info of two, it seems, when i did a diagnostic run (i just googled how to do that, it means nothing to me!)

so i really have no idea what that means, what is the difference between them and which sketch up is using

First, in SketchUp go to Window>Preferences>OpenGL. It’ll tell you which one SketchUp sees.

Generally the nVidia graphics cards tend to support OpenGL better than Intel cards. It could be that you need to change the graphics card being used or update graphics drivers.

1 Like

So you’re using the Intel card. Right click on the desktop. Do you see an menu entry for nVidia control panel? Find Manage 3D settings and click on the Program tab. Select Trimble SketchUp and add it to the programs that use the 940M card.

like this?

yup did that and restarted sketch - no change

Thats so sweet Geo, i installed it but it dosnt effect the model at all!

YOU ARE ALL SO SWEET!!! :blush:

I think the next step would be to check for driver updates for the nVidia card. I assume you are using a laptop so start with the website of the computer manufacturer and see if they have newer drivers for your card. The laptop manufacturers will often tweak drivers to suit the laptop environment. If nothing there, check with nVidia.

sounds like an adventure! i will try - :bouquet:

1 Like

Tuesdays are good days for adventures.

1 Like

ALL days are good for adventures :tada::boom::laughing:

Hello Dave, well i didnt manage to get drivers updated, but as i rebooeted my laptop and it seems that that did the trick - MUCH BETTER QUALITY DISPLAY!!! still a few missing here and there, but overall way way better!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :tada::smiley::cherry_blossom::heart_eyes:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.