Line tool not enabling me to set dimensions?

Hi guys, hey I’ve just downloaded sketch up play around with and do some concepts for a small house I will biuld. When I use line tool and add in the dimension in the lower rh corner it doesn’t apply to the the drawing. I’m guessing its a setting ,can somone please share where I find the setting to change ?

If you are clicking in the measurements box, don’t! Just start an edge in the direction you need, let go of the mouse, and type the value.

So i click the line tool, make a point and release the click , drag to form a line , type say 6000 in the box , click enter , then the dimension converts back to what the actual line is

You could benefit yourself by spending some time at The SketchUp Campus. This is a site that will provide the basics for learning the SketchUp modeling process. Also, spend some time at the SketchUp SketchUp YouTube site. It provides much information including how to use each tool.

Yes , I’m using the sketch up utube tutorials although this little pot whole isn’t mentioned anywhere that I’ve discovered

Do you mean the thing about not clicking in the Measurements window? If you watch any SketchUp tutorial and pay attention to the cursor you’ll see the cursor never goes into the Measurements window before the user enters dimensions or other numbers. There is never any need to click in the Measurements window. If it’s available for input you’ll just type. Also for things like rectangles pay attention to the way the dimensions are displayed and the separator between them. Use the same format when you type the dimensions.

1 Like

Thanks , think I’ve floundered my way through :rofl::rofl:

1 Like