Line tool/move tool will not snap to points or show lines as they are being drawn

When I try to use the line tool: My cursor will not connect to points, and the line does not appear as I am drawing it.

When I try to use Move tool: Cursor also does not snap to points or show the object while it is being moved.

I have been using Sketchup professionally for 2 years and this has never happened to me. I am worried it might be something wrong with the computer or graphics card. If this is the case, how can I solve it?

I HAVE MY EDGES TURNED ON, SO PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THAT.

Typically the sort of things you are describing have been related to the graphics card/drivers. First thing, though, have you shut the computer down and restarted it? Sometimes a cold reboot helps.

Shutting down my computer worked thanks! I restarted my computer 3 times which did not work, but shutting it down did; I had no idea there was a difference.

A restart or warm reboot doesn’t run through POST like a cold reboot does. I think for most users, their computer remains on most of the time but shutting down completely and restarting once in awhile is a good thing.

I’m glad you’re back up and running. It’s probably going to rain this afternoon so you might as well stay inside and do some modeling. :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.