Can't snap lines

When starting my Sketchup pro classic I can no longer snap a line. I activate the pencil tool left click at one point and then draw my line to send point the line then disappears and now starts at a new point it will also just throw a line off in a random direction. Any thoughts?

1 Like

Can you share a .skp file in which this happens? Or make a screen capture video so we can see?

Have you checked your graphics drivers to make sure they are up to date?

1 Like

Sounds like you have edges turned off.
Go View/Edge Styles and make sure Edges is ticked.

Does it look like this?
Edges off

2 Likes

Yes it does. However under view edge style, edges is check marked

Share your .skp file.

This is happening on my PC I am more versed with my MAC I will need to figure out how to capture video

1 Like

Can you start a new file, save it, and share it? It sounds like you may have something weird going on with your template.

1 Like

@TheOnlyAaron @DaveR I am on the phone with Jason right now and captured the recording of his screen demonstrating what he is experiencing. Here is a link to the recording: https://share.getcloudapp.com/JrunzR2b

Uploading: Untitled - SketchUp Pro 2021 2021-10-14 09-09-05.mp4…
Weid Sketchup problem.skp (66.6 KB)

The screen recording notification covered up the Measurement box, so I can’t see what size he is drawing at… I will take a look at the SKP, though…

Scale is not the issue… I seem to remember a while back an issue like this… something to do with the mouse? As @DaveR said, it could also be a display driver issue.

Thanks I tried turning of the mouse and used track pad and there was no change. Not sure how to check the driver