Layout windows and render issue

Hi guys!
I have a display problem in layout

. I have two windows with the same setup. Same style, same model. But the render (on right) is not the same. Why?
Thanks!

Are you using Scenes, and are they set to the same scene ?

If you’re not using Scenes in SketchUp, then it is difficult to get consistent views in LayOut. Scenes are critical for saving camera position.

And have up updated the SketchUp model reference?
And have you rendered both of them (sometimes Auto-render is turned off)?

Hi AK_SAM, thanks for your reply,

Are you using Scenes, and are they set to the same scene ?

Yes, i’m usig scenes. The scenes are different. But they have the same style. On left, you can see orizzontal rebars, correctly, dark grey. On right rebar seems wireframed.

And have up updated the SketchUp model reference?
And have you rendered both of them (sometimes Auto-render is turned off)?
Yes.

Share the LO file so we can see exactly what you’ve got.

Do the two viewports have the same render type (vector/raster/hybrid)?

19-043_ARMATURA_M01.layout (10.8 MB)
Thanks DaveR!

Thanks 222unknouwn,

Do the two viewports have the same render type (vector/raster/hybrid)?

Are both vector.

OK. So I’m not seeing a display difference between the two viewports. Both use the same SketchUp style, both are rendered as vector and use the same Line Scale. The only difference I see is camera position in the scenes. The one on the right has the camera zoomed out a bit so the edges of the rods are closer together. If you zoom in closely on those viewports they should both look basically the same.

What exactly is the difference you are seeing?

By the way, stay on top of proper tag usage. This is what I get when I fix the taged geometry in the model those viewports come from.
Screenshot - 11_12_2021 , 8_52_27 AM

Good job keeping the unused stuff purged from the SketchUp model.

I presume that youdeleted some pages from the project before sharing it. It’s a good idea to purge unused stuff from the LayOut file, too.

Before:

After:

19-043_ARMATURA_M01 purged.layout (2.3 MB)
79% file size reduction.

Thanks Dave,

What exactly is the difference you are seeing?

In the image below, you can see the results of render in my layout. This is what i see. The third window (section C). The comparison is between the second and the third little window. In the right detail the rebars seem wireframed.
But not in your image.

Ah… Sorry.

I see what you are getting at now. The faces on the horizontals are not being shown.

This looks like an issue with the geometry being set at a large distance from the model origin relative to the size of the geometry. I’m still looking at the model to see if I can sort it but @adam might have a suggestion for you.

I modified your model to shorten things up and this is what I get with Vector rendering for S-4.

In a case like this I think you would do well to make smaller sections of the assembly instead of trying to use the full length one.

your model has a long aspect ratio, meaning, it is much longer than wide (and heigth). I think this causes some troubles rendering in vector view. It gets a little better in Hybride, though:

your model has a long aspect ratio, meaning, it is much longer than wide (and heigth).

OK! I got it. Thanks!

In a case like this I think you would do well to make smaller sections of the assembly instead of trying to use the full length one.

Ok Dave! It’s not easy but I’ll try to organize a different workflow.
Thank you.

You might consider having a look at Nick Sonder’s process. He uses a lot of individual detail views in his LayOut documents but those details aren’t part of the larger model. They are small example files instead. You can see some of those on the page I linked to.

In your workflow you might be able to do the same sort of thing showing typical details as separate, stand alone, models. If these are standard details that would be basically the same from one project to the next, you could create a scrapbook of these detail views and bring them in when needed.

Yes Dave, actually I’m already doing that, I am studying a workflow to optimize the work in concrete structures. I assemble each cage in a separate file (and the relative layout file). Then, I import the cages into the main model. But in this case, the structure misures 40 mt, so when I make sections far from the origin, i think, here’s the problem.
The rebars are dynamic components :slightly_smiling_face:

If you chop the whole structure in three (or the length of the S09) and then hide the rest of the model for that scene (and update) , it seems to work.

Yes. That’s the problem.

For your small detail views you could use much shorter chunks. It doesn’t need to be the whole long run since you can’t see most of it anyway.

@MikeWayzovski has this in hand so I’ll leave it to him.

I am busy investigating another bug, one that involves copying images inside a textfield inside LayOut, I might have time later this evening. :grinning:
reorganizing the longer structure in shorter chunks should help. A section cut inside a longstretched group or component doesn’t prevent it, hiding the rest of the model does

Nice tip!

1 Like