LayOut crashes on opening new page from template

Hi chantal, I have been able to get the crash but only a few times and have opened a bug internally (LO-13932) to investigate. It seems like it has something to do with using cmd+n and selecting a template. Are you seeing this only when using cmd+n or do you see it if you use the pulldown menu and select New?

Trent

Hi Trent, I did not try that (using the pulldown menu and select new). I did try to start working, with the first template I could open. And I was happy to see that I could work, without constantly crashing. So it does indeed seem to be a located problem when asking command+n and choosing a template. Before I started working, i deleted all preferences and caches stored on my iMac, and also delete all recovered files LayOut stored on my computer (using the ‘go to’ link Colin sent me), so I could start with a ‘clean’ computer. Because crashes seemed to come quicker after the first crash. As I was able to work, I stopt my need to explore all the template pages. I did however get another crash, on another command I used, while working. But forgot to write down what that was. I’ve sent the bug splat. Maybe that can give you the info. If the problem reoccurs, I’ll be sure to contact you again. good luck with the investigation. Let me know if the problem is fixed. Till later

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.