Layout keep crashing please help

Hello I’m trying to render my model in Layout but every time I switch from Raster to Hybrid so the image could look more details Layout crush

I tried restarting the computer I tried from different computer but it’s the same
I also purged scketchup file and fix….
Nothing help

I have use hybrid before on models so not sure why is the file really heavy?

I have iMac 16gb of ram
Intel Iris pro 1536

Also MacBook Pro
Intel Iris 550

If you see a bugsplat window, can you send that in? Include your name and email so that I can find the report.

Are you able to upload the file somewhere for us to try?

I don’t see one maybe if you can guide me how I can try… it just freeze until I force quit from layout

The bugsplat window appears the next time you open LayOut. Send that one in.

Is this what you mean?

It isn’t what I meant, but it did tell me something!

Can you try this version of SketchUp and Layout:

https://bit.ly/sumac20

should I uninstall mine first?

Anyway your disk will not open :frowning:

Not sure why the disk image didn’t open. Try different browsers.

You don’t need to remove the current version, but go into Applications and rename the SketchUp 2021 folder to be something like SketchUp 2021.0.

The one I want you to try is 2021.0.1. In Applications it can be named SketchUp 2021.

So I have 2020 it doesn’t matter?

That link is for the latest SketchUp 2020. You are using an older SketchUp 2020.

I mistyped. I want you to try 2020.2 instead of 2020.1.

I actually using 2020.2.171 on my iMac and still same problem so I don’t think this is the issue

I saw that you noticed the other topic, where someone with LayOut 2021 had the same issue. It would be worth you renaming the %appdata%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020 folder to something different, then see if LayOut 2020 works ok.

how do I get there? to change it?

Select the textstring of the location, rightclick on it and choose: advanced > open in finder
Or copy and in Finder select Go > Go to folder and paste it.
It’s a ‘hidden’ folder.

I’m sorry I still dont know what you mean by that

what do I copy to finder? and paste what? inside what folder?

Go into finder and paste this in:

%appdata%\SketchUp\SketchUp 2020

Not a Mac wiz but I believe you can hit Cmd+spacebar and paste it in there

So, it was late, and I didn’t allow for you being on Mac and not Windows like the other person!

The equivalent idea for Mac would be to go into this folder:

~/Library/Application Support/

You can get there by copying that text, and in Finder’s Go menu, choose Go to Folder… Paste in the text, and Go there. Then, rename the SketchUp 2020 folder to be something else, and reopen LayOut. The folder will be recreated, and LayOut may well work.

1 Like

Oh right… I did the same lol