Layout colors vs SketchUp colors (colors in Layout look more pale)

When I insert SketchUp scenes in Layout they look more pale than the original SketchUp file. So when I create a pdf from Layout it looks less attractive then when I export image files directly from SketchUp. Is there a way to get exactly the same output from Layout as from SketchUp?

I am new to Layout. After doing a search, your question was the only one dealing with colors in Layout; but different. How do I turn off the blue background colors which come from the work space in SU when the image is inserted into Layout? I merely want the drawings printed, not the blue background.

Edit the style in the SketchUp model, update the style, and update the scene. Turn off Sky and Ground and set the Background color to white. Save the changes in the file and then in LayOut update the model reference.

Screenshot - 11_27_2023 , 6_02_45 PM

Actually as long as the Sky is turned off in the style you can remove the background by turning it off in the Styles section of the SketchUp Model panel in LayOut but it’s probably better in most cases to just set the style up correctly in SketchUp.

Thank you.

Now that I figured that out, now I cannot figure out how to intentionally get the image refreshed in Layout. One of my pages the background and sky disappeared but not in the other. How do you refresh the image?

Have you modified the style for that viewport away from the style selected for the scene? Maybe you have a different style for the scene used by the viewport.

Share the LO file so I can see exactly what’s happening.