Layout beginner needs help changing rendering

I am struggling to move beyond modeling in Sketchup to working with Layout.
I save a scene in Sketchup, then select “Send to Layout”, select my paper size, and the image appears.
I am trying to change the rendering style to Vector. I select the model, change it’s render style to Vector in the Sketchup Model Window, at which point a white box appears in the middle of my sketchup model. No matter what I do at this point- zoom in or out, click anywhere else on the page, etc., my model simply disappears.
I am sure there is an obvious solution, but what is it?

Thank you all!

It may not be obvious to a beginner but I expect it’s a simple fix. Share the LayOut file so we can see exactly what you’ve got and get you sorted out. If you can’t share it publicly, click on my avatar and send it in a message to me. If it’s too large to upload here, upload to Drop Box or Google Drive and share the link.

I see that you use a Mac, like me.

I have problems sometimes switching to Vector or Hybrid rendering. Unlike you, it usually crashes Layout. Sometimes it crashes my Mac. Fortunately it has not yet caused my house to collapse. But having shared the problem with others here, it does sound as if Macs can have problems with rendering.

But as @DaveR says, it may actually be something much simpler.

BTW, to upload your file, use the icon eighth from the left above the comment box. Or use Dropbox or similar if too large.

Dave- Thank you. I’m happy to share the file. In fact this is just an experimental drawing I have been working on, but the same thing has been happening with other sketchup models as well.
Laout of slab.layout (115.4 KB)

This is what I see when I change the Section viewport to render as Vector. Are you seeing something else?

Personally I would set it up differently in SketchUp and get rid of the background shading but in your example it seems to work as expected.

And viewed on my Mac, it looks much the same. Toggling the styles makes a small difference to appearance.

And I can change rendering with no problem too.

Strange- so why does it disappear when I toggle rendering style? Do you see a small white rectangle in the middle of the image, perhaps allowing you to rotate or move the model? My problems seem to be related to this. I will grab a screenshot of this later.

Hmmm… I guess I will have to play with it more. Thank you for helping!