Layout 2023 Preserve Scale turned on by default

Thanks for your video, I was expecting to get the results you described. I’m used to those predictable results from Sketch Up 2022. Since the update to 2023, the issue has started.

Is there an auto update viewport botton I may have missed?

1 Like

My demo was recorded in SU and LO 2023.

No. I opened your model from LayOut which makes LayOut watch for changes to the SketchUp model and update automatically. If you just open the SketchUp file directly then you need to update the reference either in Document Setup, by right clicking on a viewport and selecting Update Model Reference or by selecting the viewport and clicking on the Update button in the SketchUp Model panel.

FWIW, I’ve got a bunch of LayOut files now that were done or at least completed in LO 2023 and I’ve had no trouble at all with the camera moving during reference updates.

I just ran another experiment. I wanted to see if I only change the model geomentry and updated layout, would the viewport move again? The answer is no (see images 3. and 4.) I would expect the issue is something to do with Layout not accepting the dimension I gave the first viewport?

The layout template I used above is something I’ve been using for while.

It could be that I should remake the template so that after I have linked the Sketch Up model and updated the viewports, my viewport will act normally again next time I use the template.

I guess I’m not sure why you are having the issue. I certainly can’t duplicate it. Maybe you’re right, though. Maybe you need to set up the viewports again.

1 Like

Thanks for your help DaveR, I’ll set up the viewports again.

1 Like

You’re welcome and good luck.

I’m having the same issue but don’t see a solution. See attached video. If I have a viewport that I want to tidy up or crop essentially it has never been an issue. Now in '23 when I crop a viewport and update the model the viewport always seems to re-center the model. This was started with brand new blank '23 files so no chance of a rogue '22 viewport.

1 Like

Having viewport positioning problems in 2023. Any hint of a fix,

1 Like

Post a model you are having issues with so it can be examined.

Hey Tim,

Thanks for the screen capture. It definitely looks like there is an issue specifically with preserve scale enabled on perspective viewports where the camera position resets when the model is updated. This unfortunately looks to be a regression in the 23 release with out any sort of work around. We are working on fixing this regression as soon as we can.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Adam

3 Likes

Thanks Adam,
Just wanted to confirm it wasn’t something on my end.
To clarify to all the keyboard warriors out there, I don’t aggressively edit scenes in layout. Editing scenes should be done in SU and my video was editing them to that extent only as an example.
Hope to see a quick fix but I’ll wait patiently.
P.S. maybe when you are in there we can add spell check to layout too? :crazy_face:

1 Like

Same as here! LayOut not updating SketchUp Model 2023 - OSX Ventura 13.2.1. I followed all the recommended process of saving the SketchUp model first and then updating LayOut. Here are the steps I have taken so far:

• I tried moving and renaming both the SketchUp and LayOut files.
  • I attempted to unlink, relink, and resave the files.
  • I reset both SketchUp and LayOut preferences and plist in the OSX library.
  • I reset and repaired the permissions of my hard drive.
  • Finally, I restarted my computer.

Despite these attempts, I am still experiencing issues with the modified Camera properties and the resetting of the scale.

1 Like

I am having this same issue and it is driving me nuts. Everyone in the office is having this issue (as well as a ton of other issues). Maybe it has to do with our template, and I have administrative privlege to update our templates but that takes time from doing projects, is super tedious, and is a waste of time if it isn’t a fix.

I watched the video which is exactly how we have been doing it for years.

IT would help if you share a LayOut file that exhibits this issue.

DropBox or WE Transfer

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

Exact same issue here. Feels better to see other describing the same symptoms. Has this problem been addressed?

Any updates anyone? This issue is a real pain.

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.