I’ve been experiencing slow performance (choppy zooming, slow page transitions, choppy behavior when moving shapes, text boxes, viewports, etc) with layout while working on this project. I recently upgraded my computer and was hoping that this would be a vast improvement, however it seems to behave the same on either machine.
Changing viewports from hybrid to raster seems to make no difference. I purge unused files regularly. Maybe because my sketchup file is so large? Because I am stacking viewports?
Would anyone mind taking a look at my file and giving me some feedback? Any help appreciated!
Old computer specs: Asus Q504
Windows 10 home, 12GB Ram, Intel i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz, Intel HD Graphics 620
New computer specs: Lenovo P53
- Intel® Core™ i9-9880H with vPro™ (2.30GHz, up to 4.80GHz with Turbo Boost, 8 Cores, 16MB Cache)
- Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64
- Display Type: 15.6" UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS, anti-glare, 500 nits, Dolby Vision™ HDR 400
- Memory: 32GB DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 16GB)
- Hard Drive: 1TB Solid State Drive PCIe-NVME OPAL2.0 M.2
- Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000 8GB