Issues regarding SketchUp regarding cursor and line alignment

Hi everyone, I am currently experiencing issues with my SketchUp software. I am unable to proper align my lines or grid. When I first click using line, the line would be created far from the centre of the grid where I want it to be.

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. However, I am still experiencing the same issue. Maybe the video will better help explain.

When I use SketchUp on the web version, it works fine with no alignment issues.

I have switched to the Nvidia graphics card and scale is at 125% yet still facing the same issue

First thing to do is make sure SketchUp was installed correctly. Close it, find the installer in your Downloads folder, right click on it, choose Run as administrator and then Repair. Second, go to the Nvidia site and get the latest drivers for your graphics card and install them.

What sort of mouse are you using?

Make sure your display scaling is not more than 150% if you have a UHD display.

Start > Settings > System > Display

Choose the display that you run SketchUp on, then lower down under Scale and layout
make sure that the “Change the size of text, apps, and other items” is set between 100% and 150%.

SketchUp does not yet support higher display scalings for 4K and 5K displays.

If the setting seems correct, then if you have more than 1 display, and their display scalings are different, be aware that SketchUp is using the scaling of the primary monitor even if it is running on the secondary monitor. (This is a known bug.)

Most of us (running SketchUp on an external display) have had to match the display resolutions and scaling for both displays in order for SketchUp 23 to display and work correctly.

Also check that SketchUp is using your Nvidia graphics instead of integrated graphics (Window menu>Preferences>OpenGL) and correct, if necessary, in the Nvidia Control Panel 3D application settings. Nvidia graphics need the “Use fast feedback” setting in Preferences>OpenGL to be turned on, integrated graphics need it to be turned off. Restart SketchUp if you make changes to graphics settings.

Okay.

What version of MS Windows are you running ?

Are you running the latest release of SketchUp 2023.0.2 ( ver 23.0.419 ) ?

What kind of pointing device are you using?
Is it’s driver up to date?

Are you ruining SketchUp on an internal or external display?
Does your display require OEM drivers and if so, are they up to date?

Are you connecting the “working” display via a dock ?

What kind of display interface are you using? (DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, etc.)

Currently running on windows 10, with SketchUp version of 23.0.419.

I am using a mouse and not connected to any external monitor.

My driver is up to date under device manager status.

Well, then I would suggest update Nvidia drivers if you have not yet.

Then reboot computer if you have run SketchUp this session, … and,
find the installer.exe right-click it and choose “Run as administrator”, then choose the Repair option.
Reboot again.

If this all fails, open a ticket with Technical Support.

This topic was automatically closed after 186 days. New replies are no longer allowed.