Issue exporting pdf from Layout

Hello there,

As the title suggests, I am encountering a problem when trying to export pdf from a Layout file. On export I get the generic “There was a problem…” pop up, which is not the most helpful in terms of assisting in identifying the problem!

After turning things on and off and trying test exports, I found the culprit to be 3 viewports in which I use clipping masks.

The clipping masks are needed, can anyone please provide some guidance on how to achieve a pdf export with problematic clipping masks in place?

I have thought of a possible solution as I am writing this, getting rid of the clipping masks and using white fills to block out what the clipping masks are covering. I have stepped away from the laptop to get a breather (Not being able to produce something that the programme is practically made for is rather frustrating) and will give my own solution a go later today BUT if anyone else has experienced this issue themselves or has another possible solution, I’d be glad to hear from you.

Many thanks

Matt

Are you still using SU/LO2020 as your profile indicates?

This clipping mask was a problem in 2020 although it has been fixed in 2021. I did have some success in 2020 in getting around it by making a new viewport and clipping mask and getting rid of the old.

1 Like

It has been discussed before. Are you using the latest maintenance release of v.2020? Have you tried if the problem persists with version 2021? I am not quite sure if something was fixed in the latest releases.

1 Like

Yes, I am still using the latest version of SU/LO 2020. I am yet to transfer over to 2021 (although I may do it sooner than later is the LO performance is better).

I tried what I theorised in my original post by releasing the mask and just manually blocking out what I wanted masked and it worked just fine.

Thanks for posting

1 Like