Is Maintenance and Support, a joke?

I have a case open with the Tier 1 team in Sketchup. My system is down and at no point has Corp T or Microsoft IT pointed at any other issues other than Sketchup is “Acting Weird”.
I have uninstalled 2019 and reloaded it twice, second time not importing any of my 100+ extensions. I do have a maintenance and service license, although that must mean nothing to the Trimble/Sketchup teams.
Is this normal to have a complete business interruption for 5 days and an open ticket for 4 days and still lack any (non-generic) reply?
If this is normal, at what point do I contact Trimble/Sitech and talk to my rep there?
We have 6 figures into the Trimble hardware and software and with this past issue being less than three months into our move to SU in addition to TBS, I see our management moving to anther route if it isn’t fixed soon or at least have us reached out to.

1 Like

Here is the one Generic response I received,
Hi Kristopher,

Thanks for your note. Often this can be caused by a bad install of SketchUp Pro. Follow these instructions below to re-install SketchUp Pro:

1. Uninstall SketchUp Pro; uninstallation instructions can be found at Uninstalling or repairing SketchUp | SketchUp Help

2. Log in to your computer with a user account that has administrative privileges.
    (Learn more at Windows help & learning)

3. Please disable all anti-virus software that is running.

4. Please visit our SketchUp Pro page at Download All | SketchUp to download the SketchUp Pro install file.

5. When the download completes, right-click on the install file and select "Run as administrator" and follow the on-screen instructions.

6. After SketchUp Pro is installed, right-click on the "SketchUp" icon on your Desktop and select "Run as administrator".

7. Click the "Add License" button in the Welcome Window and enter your license information.

8. Re-enable your anti-virus software if it was disabled previously.

If the problem persists after re-installing SketchUp Pro, please run the application Checkup and let us know the outcome. Here is a link to the instructions for running Checkup: SketchUp Checkup | SketchUp Help.

Most Importantly: Please reply with the attachment of the SketchUpLog.sulog (which will be located on your desktop after running Checkup). Please note that Checkup only works on Windows. If you are on a Mac, please let us know when you reply.

Please reply to this email if you need further assistance with this specific issue. If you have a different issue, please fill out a new ticket at: Contact Support | SketchUp Help. Thank you for keeping our ticketing ecosystem healthy!

Regards,
Riley
The SketchUp Team at Trimble Inc

All this was done, problem did not fix it was actually worse.

At this point it is nearly impossible to open a file more or less navigate inside of an empty doc.

I have a good WorkStation,
Z_240
Intel Core i7-7700k CPU @ 4.20 GHz
64 GB of installed RAM
64-bit operating system

Graphics Card Info - Quadro P5000

IMAGES SPECS INCLUDED
CUDA Parallel-Processing Cores 2560
GPU Memory 16 GB GDDR5X
FP32 Performance 8.9 TFLOPS
Max Power Consumption 180 W
Graphics Bus PCI Express 3.0 x 16
Display Connectors DP 1.4 (4), DVI-D (1), Optional Stereo (1)
Form Factor 4.4" H x 10.5" L, Dual Slot

Space Mouse (I have confirmed this is not the issue)

Dual 32" HD 5K monitors running inside of the NVIDIA management program

Backed up by a UPS and in a controlled environment…

I state all this due to the recant Q’s that have been asked.

I can’t answer for tech support - sounds concerning.

I wonder about your monitor setup and NVIDIA management program.
SketchUp can act “weird” with hi res monitors.

Have you dealt with the basics such as

• closing all trays before opening models
  • SU recognizes GPU (window>preferences>openGL)
1 Like

just a thought…

3D Con drivers must be updated/reinstalled AFTER any new version of SU is installed…

the SM will not know v2019 is there and can cause lots of ‘weird’ activity if not…

john

1 Like

I got as desperate as taking a work weekend and buying a MSI laptop with a NVIDIA GTX1070. I can work it in the Laptop although even at Single screen 50MHz I am having issues opening a blank .skp on the desktop rig.

Been uninstalled (FULLY) for the past 48 hours and still have issues… Ran to Wallyworld and bought two different mice just to test that theory…

Did anyone else get swindled into a Maintained and Support package when buying SU Pro? That’s were a lot of my frustrations are at. I feel like I have put the effort in on my side and really feel like I have been SOLD a non-existent product. Even my Sitech guy told me that the M&S was a positive to get along with the SU Pro.

This gives me the impression that SketchUp has not recognized the GPU - can you confirm?

1 Like

All GREEN in my SU2019CheckUp, is there another way I need to check and ensure that I am correctly connected to the GPU?

In the SketchUp app -

1 Like

Screenshot%20(4)

One important consideration for your difficulties is the difference between software support and hardware support - it’s not always easy to bridge the 2.

In the worst case scenario, there is a system builder in Austin, Texas that builds SketchUp work stations and could likely get you up and running very quickly supporting your system or a new one.

1 Like

Just ran an update for my drivers and now my SU2019CheckUp is saying as fallows, Warning: We were unable to determine the graphics memory available. SketchUp requires 256MB of graphics memory to run.
NVIDIA Quadro P5000. The graphics card is designed for the Kaby Lake generation and is the successor to the Quadro M5000M (Maxwell). However, the P5000 is equipped with 16 GB GDDR5 video memory (at a lower bandwidth), while GTX 1070 is limited to 8 GB. The clock rates range between 1164 MHz (base) to 1506 MHz (typical Boost) and up to 1657 MHz (max.).

I don’t think I have a Hardware issue, if that’s what you are saying. Both Microsoft IT and my Corp IT have run numerous fix-it tickets to see what is going on and they come back with the same answers, get in-touch with SU this is on there end.

The NVIDIA driver also has to play nice with SketchUp - it would be well worth asking NVIDIA support about fixes for their driver with SketchUp (the best driver to use with your monitor setup and OS).

1 Like

link to relevant forum post

SketchUp user with P5000 - disabled Intel gpu in the bios which seemed to fix the problem, I think.

2 Likes

:+1: thanx I have not gone down that path yet. I did check out the build company out of Austin and from what I see my build is equal to grater than the APEXX X3. We may have spent more and should look into that route next time though.

:frowning:good find Sir… again thank you

I’m curious to know, was the issue caused by the Materials tray?