Is it possible to use the web Interface in the Desktop version?

I used the free web version for three years, the goal was to learn. And I did. I recently moved to SketchUp Go, and now I’m working with bigger more complex drawings. In my line of work, I receive CADs, import them and build my models from there. Today, because a client wanted to see different fonts on a 3D Text, I started the SketchUp Pro trial and used it to satisfy my clients need… All good … but… and I know this might not be a very popular opinion… I could not stand the Office/Windows-95 interface… it feels so old… I loved the Field of view tool though!.. I constantly zoom in to get details and having that tool around (already assigned a shortcut) was really handy… But anyways the question is… is it possible to use the web interface on the Desktop version?? Is it really a Hard no?.. anyone else relates?

It’s interesting, others are usually ask for the opposite…
For example, in my opinion - you know that I started using it 20 years ago - I like that the UI does not change too much.

To answer your question, no, you cannot use the web UI in the desktop version (and vice versa), they are “independent”…

2 Likes

But I now get it… Desktop version is faster by far, and theses things work!!:

:rofl: