Introducing an improved toolbar for SketchUp for Web

Click on the three dots down on the left Main Toolbar (1). That will show all the available tools in the Extended Toolbar (2). Here you can drag and arrange tools into (your own) logical groups. You can also add extra separators on this large Extended Toolbar (2) to create more groups. Or drag tools over to the left Main Toobar (1). Or add extra [Recent Tools] slots at the bottom of the left Main Toolbar.

Got it, I saw those options. Guess I was just use to the pop outs verses the new setup.

I’ll need to get better acquainted with the new toolbar setup/uses. Thanks for the reply.

Saved, reloaded. No change.
Logged out/back in. No change.
Closed browser, reopened (had to login again). No change.
Tried a different model. Same problem.
Tried a new model. Same problem.

Running Sketchup in Safari on a 12.9” iPad Pro (latest version of iOS). I know there’s an iOS version out there but I’m unemployed and broke so Sketchup Web is all I’ve got.

Wo3Dan’s suggestion for a keyboard shortcut to bring up the extended toolbar would fix me right up.

Thanks Donny. Yeah, SketchUp for Web is not optimized for the iPad yet so we didn’t test on that setup. But I did try it on my own 12.9 iPad Pro and was able to see all the icons, including the 3 dot. For now, can you try something – put your iPad in portrait orientation and kick out enough tools from the Main Toolbar to the Extended Menu so that the main toolbar fits in your landscape orientation. Let me know if that workaround works. In the meantime, we’re looking into a shortcut for opening the Extended Menu.

2 Likes

Awesome suggestion, Gopal. Worked like a charm. Not sure how long it will stay that way but at least I have a good workaround, now. I think I’m going to remove all the tools that have a keyboard shortcut; I can always get to those. It was the tools I couldn’t access with a keyboard shortcut (and therefore not at all) that were the problem. Thanks, again!

A. Can I recover the lost functionality of nested tools?
B. Can I create a double wide toolbar? I thought it odd that I could expand the icon container but not the actual toolbar.
C. How do I add separators? When I click and drag one to the toolbar there is no visual indication of its position in the toolbar and on mouse up the dragged icon indicator goes away but the toolbar remains unchanged.

Glad to hear that worked Donny. We’re looking into the possibility of adding a keyboard shortcut. Will keep you posted.

Hi Roger, thanks for your questions.

A. No, unfortunately. We’ve cut over to the new toolbar.
B. We’re taking this under consideration. Thanks for the suggestion.
C. Separators work in the “Extended Menu” only. They don’t work in the Main Toolbar.

how do i build stuff???

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.