Inserting people from scrapbook

I have a viewport at 1 1/2" scale in the Layout sheet. The scrapbook does not have people at that scale. How to add people at that viewport scale? Or at any other scale other than the ones shown in the scrapbook.
Thank you.

Drag them from the scrapbook, rightclick on it and set the scale in the contextmenu.

The viewport is at 1/4" scale, I bring people from the scrapbook, they are at 1/2" scale so they show too big, I double click the figure, then scale, 1/4", and it doesn’t reduce the size. See attachment.

Don’t double click.
ScaleFig

Thank you Box, I guess that if the people on scrapbook is a 1/2" scale, they only can be used on a 1/2" scale viewport. Right?

To be honest I don’t use Layout often enough to really answer questions about it fully, it was only the double click comment that caught my attention and made me check. So it could all be far more complex, and there is as @MikeWayzovski mentioned a right click Scale option, which I haven’t explored.
I should have remained out of this thread.

Wrong!

If you set the scale you can change the scale to suit.

1 Like

That is what I thought, but you can see the girl next to the elevation, even though the viewport and the girl are at 1/4" scale, the girl is too big. Obviously I am doing something wrong.
The drawing is, by the way, just a practice to get familiar with LO.
Thank you.Backup of Practice2.layout (185.9 KB)

Sorry if I’m being really dim here but I don’t understand how this works.
I have a layout sheet with an insert plan view from a SU model, scaled at 1:500.
I want to add some cars to the view, so I open scrapbook and select a default scrapbook item -
Hybrid, detailed, scale 1/16" to 1’. I’m in metric, so as far as I am concerned, the car is at 1:192 scale.
So I right click the car and pull down to scale and it says 1:500. Ok, done, but the car doesn’t change scale.
Referring back to Dave R’s instructions above, I need to open the “Scaled Drawing” window (which I never use and don’t understand(!)) and pull down to … to what? on your example above you appeared to pull down and release on 3" to 1’. Not sure why.
If I pull down and release on 1:500, nothing happens, so I try a few others… as it happens it looks about right (maybe a bit big) with 1:1250 selected, but that’s guesswork.
Could someone explain how this actually works please?
Thanks in advance
Paul

Doh. I was being really dim.
and I just figured it out.
For anyone that is as thick as me… Place the item from the scrapbook, right click it and scale it to the scale it was in the scrapbook… so if you selected a car that was 1/8th" to 1’ then place it, right click on it, and scale it to that same scale. Not to the scale you want to change it to.
With the item still selected on your Layout page, go to your Scaled drawing window, and NOW you select the scale you want it to appear at.
It took me a while but i got there.
Paul

1 Like

Paul, if you have a coommonly used scale in which you want to use these scrapbook folks you could edit the scrapbook, set the scale for each of the figures to your desired scale and then either Save the changes which will update the existing scrapbook or use Save as Scrapbook to create a new one with a different name. That could save you a bunch of time later.

Good call. Yes, I’ll do that.
Thanks

1 Like