Importing .DWG into Sketchup

Whenever I try to import my dwg into Sketchup, I get the following warning and the dwg imports as a single line on the blue axis. I’ve found many previous people on this forum with the same issue, but none of the solutions I’ve tried have seemed to change anything. I moved the drawing to 0,0,0, I purged everything purgeable, when I use zoom to extents it only shows the drawing I need, I tried removing blocks, I copy and pasted the drawing into a new file, and I tried removing the contour lines to see if that was causing the issue. Some relevant information is that the contours are from ArcGIS and I used the export lines to a dwg tool and whenever I open the file it says something along the lines of “warning: AutoCAD didn’t create this file, do you still wanna open it?” Here’s the dwg if anyone can figure out what the issue is. Thanks!!!
aswancontours no elevation.dwg (290.9 KB)

Warning:

Some imported geometry is extremely far from the
model origin. If you experience any instability with
your SketchUp model, please delete that geometry
from your .dwg/.dxf file and import again.

AutoCAD Entities Imported:

Layers:		11
Blocks:		2
Arcs:		35
Circles:		6
Inserts:		5
Lines:		203
2d Poly-lines:	314

AutoCAD Entities Simplified:

Coords out of range:	165

AutoCAD Entities Ignored:

Anonymous Blocks:		2
Zombies and Others:	1

SKP model (2D plan) :arrow_right: ter-02.skp (889.0 KB)

:exclamation: check the scale/units :exclamation:

Thank you! Were you able to just import it or did you have to do something to solve the issue?

You’re welcome!
I imported the dwg file and then with Fredo Scale I flattened the geometry to 0 on Z.

2 Likes

Cool @mihai.s I didn’t know FredoScale, which I use a lot, would allow that. Very handy!

2 Likes