Import dwg into Layout 2021

Trying to insert .dwg drawing into Layout2021. Nothing happens.

Any help?

Thanks,
Greg

What settings are you making when you import the .dwg? Share the .dwg so we can see what you are starting from.

Please update your profile. It’s years old.

How big is it? Share the file. The importer in v.2022 is updated and it is faster, but with some files in older versions I had to leave it to cook overnight.

Then there is the issue with file contents: Objects created with “vertical” versions of AutoCad (like AutoCad Civil or AutoCad Architecture) are not directly importable into any other application but have to be “exported to AutoCad” to convert them to standard AutoCad 2D or 3D objects.

Hi Annsi,

I created the 2D .dwg with Sketchup, it is not a big file. Actually I cannot import any DWGs at all…

Thanks,
Greg

Hi DaveR

I created the 2D .dwg with Sketchup, it is not a big file. Actually I cannot import any DWGs at all…
These are my settings:

dwg

Thanks,
Greg
[/quote]

The file
armchair_front.dwg (92.7 KB)

armchair_front.dwg (92.7 KB)

Thanks

Try this instead.
Screenshot - 2_5_2022 , 2_11_35 PM

I get this:

1 Like

Hi Greg91, LayOut requires that when importing using the Paper Space option that the viewport have a defined scale applied prior to importing. For example with your file I assigned one of the viewports in AutoCAD the scale of 1"=1’-0". I was then able to import using the Paper Space option. This is helpful if you have Paper Space entities that you need to import as well (say a titileblock).

With your file the way that DaveR has shown is completely acceptable though.

Trent

1 Like