I'm Very Confused About Recent Sketchup Changes

Sketchup 2017 has been on shaky ground for the last two years it seems. There is always a warning that the warehouse will not be compatible with it anymore but each time, the date for its passing comes and goes. I usually experience a few hiccups (unable to access for a day or two), but somehow it keeps working. This week I went in to the warehouse to grab some models and now I get no response form the download button.
Is this just another hiccup, or permanent?

1 Like

The 3D Warehouse supports the most recent three versions. They announced several months ago that 3D Warehouse support for SketchUp 2018 and 2017 would be ending and it did two or three weeks ago. They did delay it for 2017 until this year, I think because of the COVID stuff. Now, though, the 3D Warehouse will no longer convert files back to pre-2019 versions. You can get some components via the Components panel in SU2017 and you can go to the 3D Warehouse in your internet browser and download the Collada file. Then import the accompanying .dae file into SketchUp.

Please complete your profile with SketchUp version and actual graphics card information. That helps us help you.