I can't paste in place all components like this

Screen Shot 12-9-2020 at 9.13 AM

Hard to tell what the problem is from your screen shots. Maybe if you share the .skp file?

What version of SketchUp are you using? You posted in the Pro category but your profile says you are using the free web version. Which is it?

sorry, my english is so bad. i use sketchup pro 2020, here is this filecomponent.skp (204.9 KB)

I think I understand now what you are getting at. That’s normal behavior. If you want to cut the window out of the component and paste in place outside the context, you need to first create an additional level of component nesting. See below.

component

By the way, please correct your profile so it shows the right version to avoid confusion in the future.

ya i will change, but its hard to me understand, Can you click the option on the screen? so I can figure it out

The way you were doing it, you were cutting the glass out of the component and pasting it into the larger group. the same would happen if you closed the group before pasting.

component to group

By making a component inside a component as I did, the same thing is being done in each instance of your Component#14.

component to component

ya, thanks you so much. Now on another level, I want to bring all windows out of all 14 components. Is that possible?

Like this?
component

You could also do it in Outliner once you figure out which groups you need to select. It’s a good reason to give your groups useful names.

component2

no guy, like thisScreen Shot 12-9-2020 at 8.28 PM

windows and component#14 are at the same level

This is how I want to resolve it like this

You’re making a lot of work for yourself. Go get a cup of coffee and let me work up something to show you how to do it.

1 Like

lol i will do it. Sorry for bothering but I want to deeply understand the problem

Here we go.

Make a new component#14 inside Component#14. (In practice I’d give it a more useful name. Then open that component and combine the glass groups into a component. Move the Window component out into Component#14 (Cut and paste in place could be used but I did it in Outliner because it’s easier. Then exit out so you can select all of the instances of Component#14 and explode them. The new Component#14 and the Windows will now be at the same level.
component3

Amazing. There are no words to show my appreciation! :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart: :kissing_heart:

1 Like