I can't login to "sketchup for schools"

Hi @direction. Thanks for your interest in SketchUp. I was not quite able to verify everything I needed from your post. Do you have a school website I can take a look at? I can usually find everything I need from that.

Once I have verified everything, I’ll add you to the database and you will be all set to deploy the app and start modeling with SketchUp.

@CaseyG Good morning. I am just checking to see if anyone at SketchUp has seen our request above? Is there a different contact form I should use to request our domains be added? Thank you.

Bonjour,
merci pour l’attention portée à mon message.

veuillez trouver le lien vers le site web : https://collegeportalet.fr/
et un lien vers le site de l’académie de grenoble qui donne toutes les infos officielles de l’établissement : https://bv.ac-grenoble.fr/carteforpub/uai/0070080Z

Hi @deredu, thanks for the post and sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I was able to locate your website and verify everything I needed on that so I was able to add your domains to our database right away. You should be all set to deploy the app and start modeling. Just make sure you deploy the app correctly as it can cause some problems if you do not follow the directions.

Thanks @direction, I was able to locate what I needed and get you added to the database too. Please also make sure you deploy the app correctly in order to avoid any issues later on.

Hello @CaseyG, I am having this same issue for only one student at our school. Is there anything I can do to get this account fixed? Thanks.

Hi @amtorres4, thanks for the post and sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with SketchUp for Schools. Is there any chance you can share a screenshot of the exact message you are seeing when they try and sign in? I may be able to find some critical information there that will help me get your problem solved. Additionally, can you tell me your domain and link me to your school website? I want to verify a few things in our database.

Finally, can you try logging in on the account using a private window, preferably with Chrome and let me know the results?

Once I have this info, we can try and figure out what the issue is

Hello,

I just want to make sure you received the last email with the info you requested.

Can you help me login to Sketchup for Schools? fremont.wsd.net

Hi @amtorres4 thanks for the post. I have looked through several different inboxes and don’t seem to have any emails from you. It is entirely possible that something went wrong or I have not checked the right inbox though. I’ll keep looking to see if I can find it, but it would most likely be faster if you just posted the screenshots on the forum.

As for you @aspatterson, I am happy to give things a look. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing when you try and log in?

Sure, no problem, I just replied to the emails that came through, but here is the info you were looking for:
School website: https://www.cottonwoodclassical.org/
domain: cottonwoodclassical.org

I was able to have the student log in on a different device (PC) on chrome vs the school issued chromebook she is using and Sketchup worked. However, we have multiple other students using the app with no problem on school issued chromebooks. I have checked her account and the chromebook in Google admin and everything seems to be the same as other students.

screenshot

Any possible updates?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been looking into your issue but have not found any solutions yet. I am not going to give up though and plan to talk to a few people in person about it tomorrow when I am in the office. We may need to look into setting up a call to troubleshoot things.

Thanks so much for looking into it and yes we would be open to a call. However, this is the last week students will be on campus so we may not be able to troubleshoot with the student until the fall.

@herringthorpejuniors.com - installed and permissions granted but users receive the in order to access screen. Please advise. Thank you

@CaseyG

Thanks for the post @Rachellisah. I can get you added to our database right now to make sure that it is not a permission issue on our end. Just make sure that you deploy the app properly and you should be all set to go within the next hour if all goes as planned. It was really easy to verify everything I needed thanks to your website.

As for you @amtorres4, I’ll get in touch with the rest of the tem and see if we can get a call set up with you asap.

ARE YOU IN THE RIGHT PLACE?

SketchUp for Schools is once again available for educational use only. Don’t worry, any projects that you may have created through your personal Gmail or Microsoft account can still be downloaded from your Google Drive or One Drive. To continue sketching, please log in with an EDU domain account.

Hi @Rachellisah, thanks for the post. I just got into the office and ran a manual check on our database and you are all set to go on our end. Did you deploy the app correctly? Just deploying it from a regular admin won’t work. You need to deploy it via a “super admin” for things to work. If you are absolutely sure you deployed the app from the super admin, let me know and I’ll ask if anyone has any additional ideas.

Thank you Casey. If we can set up a call in late July, early August, that would be great. I am mostly worried if we see this one off type issue happen again and how we can handle it.

Hi @amtorres4, thanks for the post and sorry I have not been signed on as frequently as I would like. We are gearing up for a few different things at the moment, including 3D Basecamp so my time has been in short supply. I was thinking about the issue you described and was wondering about a few things. Is the account in question able to log in with a different device? If so, I may have an idea on what the issue is and how to fix it. If they are not able to log in, then we will need to figure out a good time to set up that call.

As for you @Rachellisah, are you still having issues or did my last post help get you up and running?