I can't login to "sketchup for schools"

Hi @CaseyG,
No worries, completely understand and appreciate you taking time to look at this.
The student was able to log in on a Windows laptop using Chrome, but not on a different school issued chromebook, even though other students on school devices have no issues.

@amtorres4 Darn, I thought I may have something figured out but if they are not able to access it even on different school issued computers then it is definitely something else. I’ll keep looking for a solution for you.

Hi:
Can you add our domain of google g suite eductaion plus
@colexiomontesol.com
@alumno.colexiomontesol.com
Thank you

hello i can’t sign in

the problem: SketchUp for Schools is once again available for educational use only. Don’t worry, any projects that you may have created through your personal Gmail or Microsoft account can still be downloaded from your Google Drive or One Drive. To continue sketching, please log in with an EDU domain account.

Please ensure that:

1. You are using a G Suite for Education or Microsoft Education account.
  2. Your G Suite administrator has installed SketchUp for Schools on your domain and granted permissions.
  3. Your Microsoft account administrator has enabled SketchUp for Schools on your domain.

For any questions, please reach out to us on the SketchUp for Schools Forum.

Thanks for the post @jemarra and sorry for the delay in my reply. Also, thanks for including a link to your website in your initial post. That always saves me a lot of time in setting things up in our database. I just got you added and you should be all set to deploy the app if you have not already done so. Just make sure you follow all the steps outlined in the guide and deploy it via your super admin account. Improper deployment can cause issues later on.

As for you @SPAIRO, can you confirm that you deployed the app correctly? That error can come from a number of things and the most common issue we tend to see is improper deployment. If you are sure you deployed the app correctly and are sure you did so via a super admin, the next step is to clear your cache and cookies as sometimes a bad file gets stuck in the cache or a cookie goes out of date. Can you let me know if you get the same results after confirming your deployment was done correctly and clearing the aforementioned files?

Hi @CaseyG our accounts have changed from Google to Microsoft. Now when trying to access SketchUp via browser we cannot log in. Our domain es @britishschool.edu.pe
Karina Islache

@CaseyG - My institution (Kent School is also having the “Are you in the right place” issue, probably because we’re being miscategorized. We use Google Workspace.

Hi @kislache, sorry for my delayed reply. I just got back into the office after our big fancy user conference. I just verified you are all set in our database so if you are still having issues my first guess would be that something got fouled up with the deployment process. As a first step, I would suggest making sure that the app was deployed properly as this error is most often caused by a mistake when the app is deployed. If you have already done this, then my next guess is a bad cookie or bad cache file. Clearing them would be the next step.

As for you @cleryd, I was able to locate you site after a little bit more digging and verify what I needed so you can disregard my post in the other thread. I’ll get you added to the database right now and then you are all set to deploy the app. Just make sure to follow all the directions in the deployment process as improper deployment can cause issues.

Hi @CaseyG, thanks for your reply. It is working fine now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the reply @kislache! I am always glad to hear when we are able to successfully get something fixed for our users. As always, please feel free to post again should you require additional assistance. I am always happy to help out whenever I can.

Additionally, please feel free to share any feedback on our curriculum with us should you have any. We are always looking to better meet the needs of our user base with new lesson plans so if we are doing something wrong or if you have a need you would like us to address in the future, please let us know.

Hi everyone!
I am using Sketchup for Schools with my students for several years now. Unfortunately, this year we are having lots of issues when a group of students is trying to log in at the same time. Normally, the first ones that try to log in, enter without problem but the others must wait 20 minutes or so for the login dialog to appear. My school uses Microsoft accounts and the domain of the email is @cepiscopal.org or @alumnes.cepiscopal.org.
Also we have to use Microsoft Edge as browser as Google Chrome doesn’t even let us log in, in any way.
I would like to solve this problem as it makes it very unconfortable when we are trying to use SketchUp in the classroom.
Thanks in advance,

Hi @xavierclaveria, thanks for the post and sorry to hear that you are having issues with SketchUp for Schools. While I am not sure what might be causing your issue I will ask around on the team and see if anyone has any ideas. In the meantime, the first troubleshooting steps we usually try are clearing the cache and cookies to make sure there are not any old files causing issues.

I’ll get back to you as soon as I have anything that might help.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Steve,

PLP wants to log into her school account with sketch up. Is the French gymnasium in Berlin approved?:
this is the domain:
fg-berlin.eu

Regards,
Marc Paulin

Hi again @xavierclaveria. I just heard back from the team and they indeed suggested that the first step will be clearing your cookies and cache to make sure that it is not just a bad file that is causing the issue. Can you go ahead and try clearing the cache on one of the computers that has the error and let me know if that does anything? Hopefully that is all we need to do.

As for you @PLP, I checked the database and we don’t seem to have that domain in the database. I am happy to add it though if you can link me to the school or district website so I can get some details I need.

Thanks Casey,
here it is:

Regards,
Marc Paulin

Thanks @PLP, that is just what I was looking for! I’ll get you added right now and you should be all set to deploy the app by the time this post is live. Just make sure you don’t skip any steps in the deployment process as improper deployment can cause issues that may not be apparent at first.

Hi CaseyG,

I am a Google Admin for our schools. Our school is having trouble to sign in to Sketch up for Schools.

We can’t login into sketchup for schools, even I have installed sketchup into our G Suite

I also have allow access for all of our organizations:

Our school is having trouble to sign in to Sketch up for Schools. Our school domain is:
[https://piagetacademy.org](https://PIAGET ACADEMY)

Hi @Steve_Ketchup, we are having the same issue. We use doamins sis.gl and sotocamps.es for k-12 students
Thank you very much for your help!

Regards

I’ve just encountered the same problem.
Our school domain is @cetrnaestgim.edu.rs , but the system obviously does not recognize it as educational.
Could you, please, add it / approve it manually, so we can log in.
Thanks!
Goran Milicev, Biology teacher
Google suite administrator for Cetrnaesta Beogradska Gimnazija
goran@cetrnaestgim.edu.rs