I can't delete textures

When I delete a texture list…

It comes back when I restart SketchUp. :sweat:

How do I delete textures manually? Where does SketchUp store the texture data and how do I delete specific textures on a Mac? Whenever I delete a texture or a texture list in the program, they reappear when it restarts. Upon reinstalling SketchUp Make, it reset to stock textures except a couple custom texture lists which I made very sloppily. I want to delete those lists and start fresh, so I can organize my textures the way I like. I’ve been troubled by this problem for a while now, but haven’t been able to figure out a solution. It seems like it should be simple, but the texture deletion buttons are not working the way I want.

The example above was on SketchUp Make 2017, so I tried deleting a texture list in SketchUp Make 2014…

The materials that come with SketchUp are inside the application’s bundle, so I wouldn’t recommend deleting stuff in there, but I suppose you could try. Don’t blame me if you have to reinstall SketchUp.

/Applications/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp.app/Contents/Resources/Content/Materials/

If you mean to delete lists you created yourself, they are here:

~/Library/Application Support/SketchUp 2017/SketchUp/Materials

There shouldn’t be any problems deleting the ones in your home folder, but you’ll lose them of course and probably better to do this when SketchUp is not running.

1 Like

Is it normal for SketchUp to not delete textures & color lists? Or is there an easier way?

I don’t know, I’ve never tried to delete them before.

Thanks for helping me solve this. All my materials are back to normal now. :smiley: I couldn’t manually access the materials folder, but I found a button in the preferences that opens that folder.
30%20PM

I decided to take your advice and leave the application bundle alone.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.