How to make an image into a piece of art?

Hello everyone. I am working on a room and want to take an image of a peice of art for a wall. I have attached the image of the piece of art these clients have and I want to make it 3D and place on a wall. I saw a tutorial on this and cannot seem to find it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Jay

Import the image into SketchUp as a texture and apply it to the face of a rectangle that is the appropriate size. I would model the picture frame separately.

That was it thanks Dave!!

Jay

You’re welcome.

And because I was screwing around…

Awesome! so you just made a frame separate or I could down load from warehouse to I imagine? Looks great! Exactly what my wife wants :slight_smile:
Jay

I suppose you could find a frame in the 3D Warehouse. Since I always make my own components it didn’t occur to me to look for a frame. I just tried to make a frame with a similar profile to the one in your image. I didn’t spend much time on it, though. It’s just a background piece after all.

I didn’t even bother making the frame separate from the artwork. FredoCorner made quick work of rounding over the edges of the raised part on the frame. I could also have drawn the molding profile and used Follow Me to create the frame.

1 Like

Thanks bud!!!

Jay

1 Like