How to get rid of the black edges, even I already turned off edge styles?

There are always nosing lines on the models. Mostly it’s black lines but sometimes there are white lines too. I tried to set the highest Multisample anti-aliasing but it doesn’t clean up every edge. Does anyone have solutions?
Snipaste_2022-05-31_12-00-58

Looks like the back face color bleeding through. This is a graphics card issue but you can edit the back face color in the style to minimize its impact.

2 Likes

This has bothered me for a long time as well, and I’ve always done what Dave suggested… color the back face to minimize the impact of that ‘visual noise’ sneaking through. I either color back faces black (to match default edge color), or match the color of the front face. This works quite well, even though it’s a bit of an annoying extra step.
[Note that you can manually paint back faces with the Paint Bucket tool, or use the Entity Info panel to drag-and-drop the front color swatch over the back color swatch to swiftly match them. This works nicely when you’ve pre-selected a bunch of faces you need to re-color all at the same time.]

2 Likes

Here’s an example. The green back face color is my default.

Editing the back face color to brown in this case works since I’m not displaying edges here.

3 Likes

Hi Dave, thanks so much for the solution! It does minimize the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 183 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.