How to edit all same groups?

Hello guys,
I made a group and i copied it around 1650 times. but i need some edits on that group.
How to edit all of them in one touch? Any extensions?

If you had made a component instead of a group and copied that, editing one of them would have changed all of them.

You’ll be needing Thomthom’s
https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/groups-components

1 Like

Thanks DaveR
That was my mistake. i thought it was component and copied a lot of. after all it was group.

1 Like

The extension suggested by Box will select all your groups and allow you to convert them all to a component. Then you can edit them all.

1 Like

Hi,
It is not working. when i used a tool, all of them creates a itself component.

when i select a group, it shows me "Group (1600 in model).
But i want to create it to component. then i want to edit all of the in one touch.

Hi,
It is not working. when i used a tool, all of them creates a itself component.

when i select a group, it shows me "Group (1600 in model).
But i want to create it to component. then i want to edit all of the in one touch. l

You first use it to select all the groups, then you use it to Convert them to components.
Group Convert

2 Likes

I’m on my phone so I cannot try, but the used commands are from the SelectionToys I think?

No @Cotty, this is using Thomthom’s Groups to Components, from my link above.

I don’t have the mentioned plugin installed but have the same commands from the SelectionToys, so Thomthom has integrated that functionality here too. (As always in SketchUp, same goal, different ways to go :wink: )

I doubt you have Convert to Component unless you have the plugin.

From the SelectionToys documentation:

1 Like

I stand corrected. Interesting. Cheers Cotty.

Selection toys can be found here.
https://extensions.sketchup.com/en/content/selection-toys

1 Like

I use selection toys A LOT to convert groups to components. If I’m not sure I need to edit all instances at once I often start by making it a group so I don’t clutter the component browser, even if I know I will have numerous copies of it. If I then realize I need to edit all instances at once I convert it to a component.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.