How to change line thickness for dimensions in Layout

Anybody who knows how to change the thickness lines in Layout?

I find that they are way too thick and not precise.

In Sketchup no matter how much you zoom in a point stays a point and a line a line. In Layout a line becomes a band. Moreover, it makes it difficult to "grab a point, especially when two sides are close to each other like1,5mm in this example.

The thickness of line from the model is easily changed, but a dimension line?

I possibly have asked it before here but can’t find back the information

You can change line scaling for SketchUp viewports in the SketchUp Model panel. That said, the lines in LayOut should appear thicker as you zoom in. It’s the same as getting your nose closer to the printed page. Even if the lines are shown quite thick you should still be able to anchor the dimension on the endpoints. Make sure you have Object Snap turned on.

You’ll get a green dot when the Dimension tool is anchored to the endpoint.
Screenshot - 10_7_2021 , 12_01_05 PM

I see how I can change the line scale in the Sketchup Model panel, but not the dimension line thickness. I changed the line scale to 0,2 pt but the dimension lines stay as thick as road marking lines. Not very harmonious.

Dimension Line thickness is set in Shape Style.
LO

1 Like

allright!!!

izzat good?

thazz goodie. Is it also possible to change the font of the dimensions?

Yes. Select the dimension and go to the Text Style panel in the tray at the right. Choose your font and size.

If you’d select the Dimension tool you could make the font and dimension lineweight settings for dimensions going forward. And if you do this when you create your own template, you won’t have to make these settings for each new project. You can just use your custom template.

seems like a marvellous idea to edit a template, yet I haven’t found how or where to do that. I created a template with my company name and so on, but cannot find how to edit it.

A template is just a LayOut file stored in a folder that LO looks at when you start a new file. If you want to edit the template you made, start a new file using it. Make your edits as desired and save it as a new template. You can’t save over an existing template so it has to be saved with a new name. You can delete the old one later if you want.

1 Like

ok, I’ve got it. Just a little question, about an earlier thread. You mentioned that tags should be given to a component or group, and not to the faces inside that group, which should all be untagged. I’ve got a model now where it’s a bit messed up (an earlier model where I was unaware of it), so what could be the fastest way to solve this? Can I untag everything (especially the faces inside the components) and then select a group of components and tag them all together?

There’s a couple of options to fix that. One would be to delete all the tags so that everything in the model goes back to being untagged. Then make new tags and put them on the objects but not the geometry.

Another option which I’ve demonstrated repeatedly on the forum is to use TIG’s Default Layer Geometry which will go through the entire model and remove tags from all geometry. Then it gives you a report to tell you how many edges and faces it untagged.

Barring those options you would need to hunt through every group and component and manually untag the geometry.

I tried to install it but without succes. Download is done, then try to open it, but cannot find it anywhere. Not in Extension warehouse either. What needs to be done?

If you downloaded the plugin, go to Extensions>Extension Manager and click Install Extension at the bottom. Navigate to where you saved the downloaded plugin, select it and click Open. After that it should show in Extension Manager (Not Extension Warehouse) and you should find it in the Extensions menu.

I found the tab in Extension Manager, “install extension”. When I click on this, I see the window of Finder on my Mac, with the only option: cancel. I cannot find it anywhere on my computer.

Unless this has something to do with it:

Where did you save the extension file when you downloaded it?

It’s in the download map. Then click open with: SKU, nothing.

Try again.

Open the Extension Manager.
Click on Install Extension.
Navigate to the Downloads folder.
Select the file.
Click Open. (Or just double click on the file.)

1 Like

Try again.

Open the Extension Manager.
Click on Install Extension.
Navigate to the Downloads folder.
Select the file.
Click Open. (Or just double click on the file.)
[/quote]

Nope. Deleted the downloaded file, then downloaded it again, then try to open it, (with sketchup), but nothing to be found. Where should it show up and under what name?

Oh yes, I’ve got it!!