How to calculate the amount of materials

How to calculate the amount of materials and their length in sketch 2018?
For example, made a frame, half of the material (metal frame) used 40x40, and half 40x20. And I got 100 such frames. Now I need to calculate how many meters each material was used. Waiting for answers. Thank you in advance

0 Likes

One of the most basic ways is to right click on a material in the in model browser and choose Area, this will give you the total area of the specific material in the model.

0 Likes

Note that for faces painted on both sides or groups and components painted “from the outside” the area will be reported twice.

0 Likes

Which version of SketchUp are you using? Your profile has contradictory information.

If you are using SketchUp 2018 (which you’d need to be using for non-hobby use) and if you’ve created the frame parts as components, you could use the Report Generator to create a report. that gives you the numbers needed to figure out the total. You could also use an extension such as CutList to create a list that would give you a report that includes the quantities and total length.

If you are using SketchUp Free (web), you could select a component in the model and look at Entity Info to get the total number of instances and then manually multiply that number by the length of the component.

0 Likes

The OpenCuList plugin (extensions warehouse) is also very good for creating the list of materials.
it’s my favorite.

0 Likes