How do you get your desktop extensions to your laptop?

I have several purchased and free extensions on my desktop and I would like to have the same ones for my laptop. Do I have to download them all over again for my laptop or is there a quicker way to have them all load?

Thanks,
Velina

Best is to download them and install them on your laptop the same way you put them on your desktop machine. Depending on what they are, you’ll make sure you get the latest version of the extension, it’ll be installed correctly, and you’ll avoid any chance or having load errors to chase.

2 Likes

Ok. I was kind of hoping since you can have 2 SketchUps for one license, maybe there was a way for SketchUp to recognize the license number and load your extensions for you. Or at least list them, so you can go and download them one by one. Thanks @DaveR !

Extensions that you downloaded and installed by accessing the Extension Warehouse in SketchUp can be automatically installed on your other computer. Open the EW panel and hover over your name in the upper right corner. Choose My Extensions.

If you have extensions from Sketchucation AND you used the Sketchucation Extension Store tool to install them, you would have a bundle that can be installed automatically, too.
Screenshot%20-%2010_7_2019%20%2C%202_28_36%20PM

Both these options will get you the most current versions of the extensions they install.

Also consider that this could be a good time to do some housekeeping. Maybe you don’t need all of the extensions you currently have installed.

3 Likes

Aha! Thank you! I’ll try this tonight when I get home.