Help Needed It Won't Push Pull up

Hello, People My Green Rectangle That Goes Along The Whole Buildings won’t Push pull up and won’t change colour when I want it to and also I cant undo it because I restarted my laptop to see if it worked and saved it from where it did it help, please???

Share the SketchUp file with us so we can see what you’ve got. It’s impossible to tell from a couple of screen shots.

Ok will do now

one thing how do i share?

Download the file to your computer and drag the .skp file into a reply. If it’s too large to upload here, upload it to DropBox or Google Drive and share the link.

Do i download the sketch up file then send to you?

That link doesn’t cut it. Download the file to your computer by clicking on Download in the hamburger menu at the very top left of the SketchUp screen.

i did it but it didnt work
dont worry about today ive already just gone with a different file but had to do more work but thanks anyway bye!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fP7nIs0vO0dird6QgIyoj-K2zc6d4BST/view?usp=sharing

theres the link if you would still like to tell me how to do it if it ever happens again

You have to make it so I have permission to download the file.

The reason you can’t paint or extrude the green area is because there’s no face. The green comes from the background color. Orbit to look up from underneath and you’ll see the sky color.

I drew a diagonal across the gap (shown in blue) which created a face.

You’ll still have some cleanup to do. Notice the region that is selected as one face. You’ll have to find the gaps where edges don’t divide the surface properly.

You have a lot of reversed faces that should be corrected. There should be no exposed blue back faces in your 3D model.

There’s also some stray bits at a relatively long distance from the rest of the model. You should delete the stray stuff.

It would be a good idea to spend a little time learning how to properly use groups, components, and tags. As it is, the vast majority of your model is loose geometry. This makes it more difficult to work with. In addition, ALL edges and faces should be created and left untagged. Only groups and components should get tags. Here I’ve corrected the tag usage.
Screenshot - 6_13_2021 , 8_13_10 PM

I’ve also purged unused stuff from the model for about 58% reduction in file size.
Screenshot - 6_13_2021 , 8_14_09 PM
Jurassic Holograms Final purged.skp (10.9 MB)

Thank You Dave For Doing That For ME Great Help Thanks So Much Bye!

You’re welcome.

By the way, is this supposed to be so tiny?

thats not even supposed to be in there must of been from the warehouse and again thankyou

I put the scale figure in there as a comparison of the size of your model. I don’t know how large your building is supposed to be but a human would have a very difficult time getting into it.

Have you looked at it?

excuse me dave do you reckon you could look at this one to see what i can do better on please

Clean up the stray objects. Zoom extents moves the camera a long way from your model because you have little bits of unneeded geometry scattered around.

Still a load of reversed faces.

Most of the model is made up of loose geometry.

Incorrect tag usage.
Screenshot - 6_14_2021 , 6_46_40 AM

Lots of stuff to purge from the model. Nearly 68% of the file is unneeded.
Screenshot - 6_14_2021 , 6_47_05 AM

There seems to be an awful lot of excess edges. Examples shown selected.

See the first line of this for the number of excess edges that can be removed.
Screenshot - 6_14_2021 , 6_58_16 AM

It’s still a tiny building. You should use real world dimensions when you are modeling.

JURASSIC HOLOGRAMS ACTUAL FINAL purged.skp (13.3 MB)