Help :: Lightup :: Program Crashing

lightup
bug

Hey, everyone! I’m having issues with my ERCO IES files not working with Lightup.

Shown below’s an image showing what’s occurring on my screen along with system and program specs in case I need to update something.

I’ve read that if you’re downloading files from Explorer, it can turn the “.ies” into a hidden “.txt” file. I am using Firefox Quantum 62.0 (64-bit), so I don’t know if this would be an issue.

Sketchup Pro 2017.

Computer Specs:
Windows 7
Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.10GHz
16 GB
64-BIT
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

which LightUp version?

I am using LightUp 5.7.

I have the lights working now but the new problem is that the entire program crashes as soon as I press “Go”.

Do I need to update to Sketchup 2018?

Thank you!

For those that are curious:
My initial problem of the IES files not loading or showing up was due to me using the demo. I went ahead and bought the license and the files now show up clearly!

The new problem however:
Is that when I press “Go” to render my lighting effects, the program instantly crashes.

I am presuming I need to upload Sketchup 2018 to fix this problem. :triumph:

Have you tried contacting LightUp’s customer support?

I am trying to get LightUp going again (new computer). Did you try the changing the file name? The IES file is just text, but being named .ies.txt could cause confusion.

Concerning the crashing? I’ve fixed the IES issue, but this is my new problem. Thanks!

Concerning the crashing? I just might have to do that. :’)

Decided to try a new tactic.

I’ve tested the program with a cube in a new file (below) and it worked.

When I tried to cut and paste the built asset I’ve made into a new document, a lowpoly bedroom I was building and not the aforementioned cube above, and try something similar: it generated similar to the cube example with the clouds and all.

I realized the “Go” rendering function only worked when I removed the sphere you generate using LightUp which you, of course, apply a IES file too.

As soon as a sphere was added back in and you pressed “Go”: it would crash again.

So my conclusion based on this:
:white_check_mark: My original bedroom asset’s aren’t corrupt.
:white_check_mark: Tests without and IES sphere aren’t corrupt.
:no_entry_sign: LightUp IES sphere causes corruption for some reason.

The PointLight component with an IES file assigned acts as a simple point light. What IES file are you using?

Adam

Thanks for the help so far, everyone! I am really appreciating it. :smiley:

This is the one I am using, but it doesn’t seem to be IES specific.

IES%20FILE%20USED

​Sometimes Sketchup crashes when I press “go”. Other times it crashes when I just click on the LightUp sphere using only the “:bulb:” icon. Either way I never can get to the rendering phase without it crashing when the LightIUp sphere’s being used.

OK, please can you send us the IES file you are using (they’re just regular text files). My suspicion is there is something in it causing LightUp problems.

Adam