HELP! Cannot make windows on angled walls

I have been trying to figure out how to make windows on some angled walls in my building that I am constructing. I feel like I have tried everything and cannot figure out why the windows aren’t punching through. I have been using SketchUp for a while and this is really frustrating me. sketchupmodel.skp (165.5 KB)

The inside and outside faces aren’t parallel to each other. That will be your problem. The extruded face remains parallel to the outside face and needs to land on another parallel face to create the opening. So you need to fix the wall. Figure out which face, inside or outside, is correct and make the other one match.

Also, look closely at the top of the wall. You have two edges along the inside that run very close together. I set Profiles to 1 to make it more visible in the screen shot. Notice how thick that edge still appears because it’s actually two edges. You’ll need to figure out which of those edges needs to go.

It would be a good idea if you turn off Length Snapping in Model Info>Units as that can induce errors into your modeling.

Thank you so much! I was able to fix it!

1 Like